- Computers & Software»
- Computer Software
How to Import Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar
Having one digital calendar that contains your work schedule (such as Microsoft Outlook) and another digital calendar that contains your personal schedule (such as Google Calendar) can be confusing and result in you accidentally double-booking yourself. You can work to prevent this by merging one calendar with the other and using that calendar as a master calendar. Learn how to export your Google calender as a file type that can easily be imported and merged with your Google calender.
Process for Importing Outlook Calendar into Google Calendar
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click "Calendar" in the lower-left corner of the Microsoft Outlook home screen. The Calendar screen opens on the right side of the program window.
- Click "File" and then "Save As" to open the Save As dialog box.
- Enter a name for your calendar to the right of File Name.
- Click the drop-down box to the right of Save as Type and then select the ICS format.
- Click the "More Options" box in the row beneath the Save as Type field to open a smaller Save As dialog box.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of Date Range and then select the date range you want your outputted calendar file to cover.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of Detail. Select "Availability Only," "Limited Details" or "Full Details" in accordance with how much information you want to appear in the outputted calendar file with regard to your appointments.
- Click the "Show" box in the Advanced section to reveal check boxes where you can elect to include any attachments in the outputted calendar file and also the details of private appointments.
- Click "OK" after making all of your selections in the smaller Save As dialog box.
- Click "Save As" in the larger Save As dialog box.
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- Open your Web browser and then navigate to the Google Calendar home page and log in using your Google username and password.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of Other Calendars on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click "Import Calendar" to open the Import Calendar dialog box.
- Click "Browse" to the right of File and then select the outputted ICS Outlook calendar file you saved to your computer.
- Select the Google Calendar to the right of Calendar that you want to associate the ICS Outlook calendar with.
- Click "Import." The information from the outputted ICS Outlook file is merged with your selected Google calendar and appears instantly in the Google calendar.