How to Recover Your Original LG L705 Firmware
Why They Want to Use Custom ROM's
So many LG L705 users are always looking for a change in their Smart Phone, they are looking for rooted Custom ROM's to manipulate their own system such as:
- Over Clocking
- Uninstalling Unsused Programs
- Installing Themes
- Installing Fonts
- To Install Cyanogen MOD ROM
- To Install Super User
- To make their Smart Phone more faster
- Changing Firmware, from LG 705 to LG 700
But if you want to return in your Original and Latest Firmware or ROM, I'll show you how doing it.
Do's and Don't Berfore You Continue to Retrieving Process
This step must be considered before you can get the Original Firmware from LG:
- If you're currently using Cyanogen MOD or any version of CM Nightly, you must restore your backup from phone. (It must be LG 705)
- If your Operating System device right is LG 700, I suggest to change is either to LG 705. You may use the KDZ tool to do so, I am pretty sure that you keep Custom ROM's in your PC's.
Note: I suggest the following steps above, to make sure that you'll not bricking your phones if you start to follow the instructions below.
Black Version of LG Optimus L705
Downloading Driver and Support Tool
Before you retrieve your Original Firmware and can do this process you must first download the USB drivers, to make sure that the downloading process will not uninterrupted.
Available for the following OS:
LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL must be downloaded also, it is the most important tool to do this recovering action.
Available for the following Windows versions:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Rate This LG Product
Run LG Support Tool
Installing USB Driver and LG Support Tool
It is highly recommended that you must install first the USB Driver (So that the LG Support tool can read the Device). And when the USB driver installing is done, run also the USB Support Tool, tooltips will prompt after the installing. It is a huge help on the new user if they patiently read the tips, if you are fully understand those tips you may disabled so, it will not appear again next time you open or use it.
LG Support Tool UI
Best LG Smart Phone Products
Choose LG Best Product
Device Settings and Backup
USB debugging must be turned on into your device, to do this follow the instructions:
- Go to settings
- Choose Developer options
- Then turn on USB Debugging option
It is easier for you to reinstall all apps, setting and data if you'll backup all of this before proceeding to the next action of recovering latest firmware.
- Go to setting
- Next is Backup & Reset
- Enable Backup my data, Backup account and Automatic restore
LG L705 Specs
127.5 mm x 69 mm x 8.7 mm
Yes: micro-USB 2.0
Yes: V3.0 (Profile : HFP, HSP, HID, OPP, FTP, A2DP, AVRCP, PBAP, MAP)
Yes: Class 12
Yes: Class 12
Yes: HSDPA 7.2Mbps
MEMORY AND STORAGE:
MicroSD up to 32GB
1 GHz Processor
YesFM Radio RDS
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
IPS LCD Capacitive Touch Screen
800 x 480
Yes: Optimus UI
WVGA, 800 X 480
5MP CMOS AF + VGA CMOS Front Camera
Auto Focus, Face tracking
GA(640x480), MMS(QVGA - 320x240), MMS(QCIF - 176x144)
30fps @ VGA (MPEG-4 / H.263 / H.264 / DivX)
LG Support Tools User Interface
Start to Use the LG Support Tool
After you have done all the process above, you can connect the device to your PC using your USB cable.
You can identify if the LG Support Tool is not reading your device, if the Model, Country Setting and Software Version is not appearing in LG Tool User Interface. It means, you didn't install the device driver or you install another device driver.
In the Options Menu (Drop Down) on the right of the LG Tool user interface, you may choose the country where you came from to support your language. On the same Options Menu. You may choose the Upgrade Recovery, this action can reinstate your Original Firmware and this is what we're looking for in this Hub.
You may also need help so don't forget to click the Help on the right side of the LG Tool user interface.
Using Cyanogen MOD
Original Firmware Retrieving Process
Perhaps, you already do all the instructions above? And the device is already connected, If yes! So, we can start now the Recovering Process right now. You don't have to turn your device into Recovery Mode, it will turn when the downloading is done and the firmware installing start. (Just connect the device to your PC)
Please follow the steps below:
- Click the Option Menu, and then choose the Upgrade Recovery.
- After you click the Upgrade Recovery, the analyze process will run.
- On the next process you'll need an patience, because you're going to download more or less than 345 MB Firmware from LG. (Do not disconnect the device if the downloading is already running) you can cancel if you want.
- When the downloading is done, your device screen turn to Emergency Mode. Don't panic and don't disconnect the device, it is part of the process we're taking to recovery your Original Firmware.
- Disconnect the device only when you see that the firmware upgrade or installation is successfully done.