How to Set Up iPhone Speed Dial
For all of the bells and whistles the iPhone has, it doesn't let you set up numbers in a speed dial system. However, you can still set up speed dial icons for specific numbers outside of the Phone app using a third party. The system doesn't cost anything and essentially just creates a shortcut on your iPhone's home screen that tells the native Phone app to call a specific number after you tap it.
- Tap the "Safari" app to open the iPhone's native Web browser.
- Tap the URL field in Safari, then enter the phone number, starting with the area code, that you want to create a speed dial icon for.
- Immediately after inputting the phone number type the following: .tel.qlnk.net. After inputting everything, what you've entered should look like this: 5555555555.tel.qlnk.net
- Tap "Go." A Web page opens with a dialog box displaying the phone number you entered as part of the URL with two action items: Call and Cancel.
- Tap "Cancel."
- Tap the right-pointing arrow in the list of icons along the bottom of the Safari Web browser, then tap "Add to Home Screen." The Add to Home screen appears.
- Tap "X" to delete "Untitled," then enter the name you want to assign to the icon that will be added to your iPhone's home screen.
- Tap the blue "Add" button in the upper right of the Add to Home screen. A button that looks very similar to your iPhone's Phone app icon will be added to your home screen.
- Tap the icon you just added to open the Web page that displays the Call and Cancel action buttons.
- Tap "Call." The application automatically opens and dials the number associated with the number you used to create the app icon.