How to Troubleshoot Philips iPhone/iPod Alarm Clock Radio Problems
Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock radios are a great way to listen to audio on your Apple device on a compact device with a better speaker. This is a great way to listen to content on your device while you're going to bed at night and also charge your device over the course of the evening. Common problems with Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock radios include issues connecting the Apple device, problems with the screen flashing, radio problems and more. Try resolving your issue through troubleshooting before seeking further help or taking the device back.
iPhone/iPod Won't Connect
A lot of the Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock radios are designed for the older 30-pin dock connector and not the considerably smaller Lightning connector featured on the iPhone 5 and the fifth-generation iPod Touch. You can still connect these devices to your Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock radio, but you'll need an adapter that converts the 30-pin connector to the Lightning connector. As a result of having to use this adapter, you also won't be able to rest your Apple device in the dock, but rather lay it on top of the Philips alarm clock radio or set it off to the side of the radio.
iPhone/iPod Won't Play Through Radio
- Disconnect the iPhone or iPod Touch and then reconnect it to the Philips alarm clock radio. Further, disconnect the Apple device, restart both devices and then reconnect both devices. If you're experiencing a minor connection issue, this should resolve your problem.
- Turn the volume up on both the iPhone/iPod Touch and also the Philips alarm clock radio. Additionally, ensure that neither of the devices are muted.
- Check the user manual that came with your Philips alarm clock radio to see what Apple devices are compatible with your radio. Additionally, if the device you're trying to connect to the radio worked previously but now isn't working, the current incompatibility may be the result of updating the firmware on your Apple device.
Clock Flashing or Not Correct
- If the clock on the Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock screen is flashing, the device may have either experienced an electrical event, such as a power surge or power outage. Because the screen is flashing, the even has passed and the power has been restored to the device, but you need to reset the clock. Similarly, if the alarm clock is connected to AC power, the power cable may have become temporarily disconnected and regained connectivity. Again, you'll need to reset the clock.
- If the Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock radio is powered by batteries, the batteries may be dead or running low. Ensure all of the batteries are properly seated in the battery bay and not loose. If you're still experiencing problems, try replacing the batteries in the alarm clock.
Low Quality Radio Signal
- Try stretching out the radio antenna on the Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock and repositioning the antenna to see if that helps resolve the poor reception problem.
- Turn off other electronic devices in the area, such as baby monitors, wireless routers, wireless headphones, Blu-ray and DVD players, smartphones and more to see if that resolves your problem. Sometimes, interference from other electronic devices can interfere with the radio signals being pulled in by your alarm clock radio.
- Try moving the Philips iPhone/iPod alarm clock radio to a different location that's as far away from thick walls, metal cabinets, trees, tall buildings and more to see if that resolves your problem. Various obstacles can prevent a quality signal from being pulled in by your alarm clock radio.