How to Unbox and Setup HP Officejet Pro 8710
Unboxing and Setup
123.hp.com/ojpro8710 is an Inkjet multifunctional energy star certified printer. It supports both wired and wireless printing. The print speed is high and offers up to 35 ppm, so you can feasibly print your document or images within a short span of time. Acquire both automatic and manual duplex printing. Enjoy printing your desired document from mobile printing (ePrint, Mopria print service, Apple AirPrint) from anywhere at any place. The paper tray holds 250 sheets. Printer copies up to 99 copies from the original. Its digital zoom is from 25% to 40%. The HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup is compatible with Windows, OS X and Linux operating system.
Unboxing: Take the printer out from the box and remove the packing materials on the Printer surface. Raise the scanner lid to remove the packing materials from the glass. Remove the sealing tapes and packing covers in the ink cartridge access area.
Power connection and Preferences: Use the power cord that came with the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer to connect the printer to the power outlet. Press the power button to turn on the printer. Choose the preferred language, set up the date and time, select preferred region/country in the Settings menu. Confirm you choices by tapping Yes or Save option.
Load Paper: Slide out the input tray and adjust the paper guides to their extreme position. Place a pile of blank sheets with the short edge facing forward and the print side facing down. Move the paper guides toward the paper until they rest on it. Slide in the input tray slowly.
Install the ink cartridges: Lift the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage is idle and silent. Take the new ink cartridges out from the package and insert them into the slot. Gently push the cartridges to fit into the slot.
Driver Installation: Turn on the router network and connect it with a DSL cable or broadband connection. Browse the Manufacturer site and search for the updated driver and firmware for your printer model. Download the driver software and install it on your computer. Connect the USB cable if prompted during the driver installation.
Wireless Setup of HP Officejet pro Printer:
- Download the latest version of driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro 8710.
- Setup or you can install the HP Officejet pro wireless setup using the installation disc.
- Go to 123.hp.com/ojp8710 setup from your browser.
- Enter your printer model number in the box mentioned and click Begin.
- Double click on the downloaded driver software setup file to launch the driver installation.
- Click Next and follow the instructions for completing the HP Ojpro 8710 driver software installation on your Windows computer.
- HP Officejet pro 8710 supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- HP Officejet pro 8710 also supports PIN methods .
- The initial setup of your HP Officejet pro 8710 e- all-in-one printer can be done, using the instructions on the printer manual.
- You can use the WPS mode of setup if your 123 hp 8710 printer supports it.
- WPS expands to Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Also make sure the router and other devices are compatible.
- If it doesn’t support WPS mode then you can select another mode of printing.
- One of the method you can go for is Wireless setting menu method.
HP Ojpro 8710 Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS):
- Go to the control panel.
- Press and hold the Wireless Button on the printer.
- A wireless light begins to blink.
- Press WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on your wireless router.
- The wireless setup initiates shortly.
- It takes around 2-3 minutes to complete.
PIN or Wireless setting Menu method:
- Go to the control panel.
- Press the Wireless Button on the HP Ojpro 8710 printer’s control panel.
- Go to the Settings option and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the wireless connection.
- You’ll be prompted to fill in some details.
- Details to fill in are network username and password.
- You must know the wireless network name and the password.
- Insert your printer drivers CD-ROM.
- Install HP Officejet pro 8710 printer driver software from the CD.
- You can also download the printer driver and software from 123.hp.com/ojpro 8710.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the HP Officejet Pro wireless setup.
© 2019 Printer Tips