How to increase a business profitability using Scrum in a Project
Scrum is an agile method dedicated to project management. This method aims to management to improve the productivity of its team.
In the agile Scrum world, instead of providing complete, detailed descriptions of how everything is to be done on a project, much of it is left up to the Scrum software development team. This is because the team will know best how to solve the problem they are presented. Scrum relies on a self-organizing, cross-functional team.
The scrum team is self-organizing in that there is no overall team leader who decides which person will do which task or how a problem will be solved. Those are issues that are decided by the team as a whole.And in Scrum, a team is cross functional, meaning everyone is needed to take a feature from idea to implementation.
-Assignment of roles in Scrum
- The Scrum Master
- Ensures that the Scrum principles and values are respected
- Facilitates communication within the team
- Seeks to improve the productivity and know-how of its team
2. The team
- No definite role: architect, developer, tester
- All team members bring their expertise to perform the tasks
- Size 6 to 10 people in general and up to 200 people
- Business expert, defines the functional specifications
- Establishes priority functionality to develop or correct
- Validates developed features
- Acts as the client
3. The Scrum Master
Scrum lifecycle is punctuated by a few weeks iterations, sprints.
-The product backlog
The repository of initial requirements is compiled and prioritized with the customer. It constitutes what is called the product backlog. It need not contain all the features expected from the beginning of the project, it will evolve during the project in parallel with customer needs.
The features described are called User Stories and are described using the terminology used by the client.
User Story A or Story generally contains the following information:
- ID - a unique identifier
- Name - a short name (between 2 and 10 words) description of the functionality expected by the customer (eg Export / Import Standard Sales Item.). The name must be sufficiently clear for the team members and the product owner understand what function it is. The name does not introduce ambiguity.
- Significance - an integer which sets the priorities of Stories. The priority of a story can be changed during the project.
- Estimation - The amount of work required to develop, test and validate this feature. The unit can be an ideal number of days (days 100% dedicated to the feature) or a number of points. The estimates are in relative comparing estimates of stories ended with the story to estimate.
- Demo - A relatively simple test (eg export an XML object and then delete it from the base, importing from XML, in the end the object must be in the database). This test is a validation test.
- Notes - any other information clarifications, documentary references ...
- the meeting schedule sprint: we organize, before each sprint planning meeting, the meeting schedule sprint. This schedule selected in the product backlog to the highest priority requirements for the client. They will be developed, tested and delivered to the customer at the end of the sprint. They are the sprint backlog, a subset of the product backlog.
- The scrum: during the sprint, it is organized every day a progress meeting (15 min) with all team members to ensure that the objectives of the sprint will be held, the scrum or scrum . Every day after the Scrum meeting, the Scrum Master holds a graph called sprint burn down chart. This gives a very good picture of what has been done and the work rate of the team. It also allows to anticipate if all the stories of the Sprint Backlog will be completed at the end of the iteration or not.