How to unlock an ATT cell phone.
Unlock your cell phone for free!
I found this truth a couple of days ago. I travel and I seem to be purchasing phones where I go maybe a little late in all of this techno stuff but I find it very useful if you want to keep the same phone where ever you go, and the best thing it is FREE!
Everyone is trying to sell you the code to unlock your cell phone. which is totally unnecessary when all you need to do is ask for it from your cell phone provider you need to make sure that your cell has code the newer phones the security codes are not release after some time. I also have had heard that their provider will not give them information or they just don’t seem to find a free form to obtain the security code.So I also have found a couple of websites that do what they say like www.unlockitfree.com and http://nokiafree.org/free-nokia-unlock-codes/ both of this links can help you unlock your phone for Free. Just follow their directions and all will be well. And you avoid being charge $6.99 or $1.89 which ever it is. It is money that should stay in your pocket. i travel a lot and I seem to be purchasing phones where I go maybe a little late in all of this techno stuff but find it very useful if you want to keep the same phone where ever you go, and the best thing it is FREE! I bought a LG GS390 this pass 2 months and I will be leaving in another month, when I arrive at the other place I would purchase another. But not this time, I went ahead did some research. Like I am not a techy savvy person, I went and did some research I found that if you call ATT for go phones they will give you the code and give you help to unlock it and will ask you if you want them to call you back to assist you anything else. Know telling you this I don’t know if it is the same with other companies or you have a plan with them it would be different but if it is please let me know. I would be interested in knowing and that is the reason I also give you the links before if that is your situation,
1. Next, turn off the phone and remove the AT&T GoPhone SIM card out of the phone. Put in a SIM card from another cellular network (such as one from a friend's phone who doesn't use AT&T GoPhone service), when you turn on the phone it will boot up and display a message about the phone being restricted ("Invalid SIM. Network Lock"). Select the 'unlock' button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the unlock code that the AT&T representative gave you, then enter it again.
3. The phone will display "Your phone is unlocked"
4. Turn off and put your original GoPhone SIM back into the phone.
5. Turn the phone on. It will now be back on the AT&T network, but also unlocked from the AT&T network, so you can use the phone with other networks.
This information is of self experience on my ATT go phone, I had no problem getting my sercurity code directly from Att they were very helpful and I had explain to them I was traveling most of time and I like my phone and wanted to keep. I had no problem getting the information. So if this is helpful use it. Know you can keep your money in your pocket.