- Internet & the Web»
How to Add Free Site Meter Counter to Track Visitors/Visits to Blogger and Blogspot Blogs
If you own a blog in Blogger, then you might want to track your site visitors as well as the sources of traffic on your blog. If you do so, Site Meter can easily do that job for you – for free.
Site Meter is a comprehensive real time website audience tracker and counter. It has certain tools which provide a webmaster or blog author instant access to vital information and data about their websites’ or blog’s audience through detailed reports. This gives the webmasters and blog authors a clearer picture of their site’s visitors - including how they found it, where they came from, and what interests them.
To start using Site Meter counter to track visitors on your Blogger blog(s), first you need to sign up for a Site Meter account at its website at sitemeter.com.
Once you already have a Site Meter account, you may start following the step-by-step guide below on how to add the Site Meter counter to your Blogger blog:
- Log in to your Site Meter account. Go to the “manager” page and click on the HTML section on the left.
- Once you see the HTML code, copy it to your clipboard. You will use this code to install on your blogger pages to start the Site Meter counter.
- On another window, go to Blogger and sign in with your Blogger account.
- In your dashboard, click on the “Design” page of your blog where you want Site Meter to be installed.
- Now in the “Add and Arrange Page Elements” page, click on “Add a Gadget” on the left or right column (depending on the layout) of your blog. If you have a layout page with two columns, click on the “Add a Gadget” box of the column where you want your Site Meter counter to appear.
- On the Add and Arrange Page Elements page, the new gadgets added will usually appear on the uppermost box. If you don’t want your Site Meter counter on the top, you can drag and drop this gadget to the middle area or to the bottom of the column.
- Once you finalize with the arrangements, click on the SAVE button right beside the Clear Edits. You will notice a text highlighted in yellow on top of the navigation bar that says a new gadget to your blog has been added and the changes were saved.
- On the same page, you may either click on the PREVIEW button (which will open the page in a new pop up window) or click on the VIEW BLOG (to leave the Design page) and go to your homepage.
Now your new Site Meter counter should be there in the column where you chose to place it and will immediately start tracking visits to your Blogger blog.
- Boost Page Rank And Traffic For Your Websites Through Quality Linking
When you have created web pages and sites on the internet, you always want to show it on search engines especially the big ones like Google and Yahoo. Therefore, your primary goal is to promote your web...