★ Get Happy! Feel-Good Movies, Songs & Uplifting YouTube Videos To Make You Smile
Activities & Things to do to Cheer Yourself Up
If you're feeling down and need a pick-me-up, I hope that this page will do the trick! Sometimes you just need some pretty pictures or ideas for what to do to get your blood pumping or help with your general well being.
On this page I have collected together all of the fun videos which make me feel better by making me laugh or by simply being heartwarming, plus links to many ideas for what to do to get out of a rut, uplifting films to watch, music to listen to, and cheerful websites & blogs to browse.
We all have down days and I hope this page helps a little bit to lift your spirits, make you happy, and most importantly make you smile...Enjoy!
Best Feel-Good Books
The Bottle Boys
Enjoy The View
Inspiring Websites to Make You Happy!
- Inspiring Quotes
Lots of different messages and inspiring words.
- Find Your Inner Child
50 ways to feel childish again!
- 1000 Awesome Things
Learn to appreciate the little things in life.
- Color Me Katie
A cheerful blog with fun photos.
- 20 Feel Good Films
A list of the best uplifting films.
- 25 Movies for a Confidence Boost
Read the comments too for more suggestions.
- 100 Things to do When You're Upset
So many great ideas.
- 15 Good Mood Songs
Music videos to lift your mood, with a couple of my all-time faves included.
- 100 Uplifting Songs on Spotify
Another list of feel-good music.
- Glee Flashmob
Glee and flashmobs always cheer me up :-)
- Dance Like Normal People
Dance like no-one is watching to really lift your spirits.
Amazing videos posted daily.
- Remembering How Lucky We Are
A great blog post to remember how lucky we are to be here right now.
Happy Videos - 'Free Hugs' Campaign, Music Videos & More
This group is called The Wrong Trousers. I love this vid :-)
Christmas Fairy Lights
More Good Mood Inspiration!
- Do a Good Deed
Doing a random act of kindness will warm your heart, and others.
- 101 Ways to Cheer Yourself Up
Lots of fab ideas to get you out of a rut.
- Improv Everywhere Flashmob
Videos of funny imprompu scenes in America.
- Happy Flickr Photos
Browse Flickr for beautiful photos.
- Sunshine Photos
16 photos to cheer you up.
- Creative Things To Do
A selection of fun things to do, crafts to make and websites to visit.
- Awe-Inspiring Photos
Check out the rest of the site for more amazing worldwide photography.
- Great Quotes
Spilt into categories and topics.
- Cute Babies Laughing
Always guaranteed to make you smile.
- Just Little Things
A list of hundreds of little things to appreciate.
- 25 Inspirational Songs
My top pick would be 'You Get What You Give'.
- Top 10 Most Uplifting Films
A few of my favorites in here.
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life! - Including Uplifting Wedding & Travel Videos
Revert Back to Being a Child
There's nothing better to cheer me up than doing something childish - whether it's watching a Disney film (or going to Disney World - my favourite place!), doing a treasure hunt, baking and decorating cupcakes, face painting, pillow/water fights, dressing up, building a sandcastle, making some wall art by just splattering paint on canvas, making paper boats and hats, playing with Playdoh, making slime, or something else equally inappropriate for an adult!
Photo by JavierPsilocybin.
Just Laugh - ...even if you don't feel like it!
Lots of people (and adorable babies) laughing:
Do Something That Scares You
Fun Music Videos
My favourite music videos ever - they always cheer me up!
Suggestions to Improve Your Mood
- Make a den using anything from cardboard and pillows to sheets and chairs! Maybe put it in front of a TV so you watch TV from inside.
- Watch your favourite film, or a fun kid's film (Disney is an excellent choice)
- Do some exercise, whether it's an exercise video or going for a short run.
- Put your favourite songs on loud, then dance and sing along!
- Write a list of all of the things you want to do, and all of the places you want to go in your life. Take charge and try your best to tick off as many as possible. You will feel a great feeling of accomplishment whenever you tick off a goal, not matter how big or small.
- Learn a skill you've always wanted to learn e.g. juggling, playing a musical instrument, ice skating, a craft technique etc.
- Do something that scares you (could be something small like trying a handstand, or something big like bungee jumping)
- Start a new hobby you've always wanted to try e.g. dancing, woodworking, climbing, gardening, skiing etc.
- Find a creative outlet and be creative regularly e.g. start to keep an art journal or sketchbook, learn to paint, write a story, make sculptures, if you play an instrument you could make up songs for it, learn a craft, animation, film making etc.
- Bake a cake or cook some other yummy food
- Have a spring clean
- Have a big clearout by getting rid of everything you don't want or need - be brutal, you'll feel better!
- Refresh a room in your house by changing the layout, or if you want to do something drastic, re-do the whole room!
Exercise gets your blood pumping and releases endorphins so is a great idea if you're feeling down, and a jog outside somewhere picturesque or on a sunny day is sure to perk you up. If you can find a class to take part in outside on a summer's day, even better!
Photo by Lululemon athletica.
Dance in the Rain
More Things to Cheer You Up!
- Get outside in the fresh air. You could go for a run or cycle ride, or go to an event or park.
- If possible, take a short break or holiday, or perhaps take a road trip.
- Go to a public event or music concert.
- Spend a week carrying your camera around with you everywhere. Take as many photos as you can. Try to take unique photos by taking them from unusual angles, or catching expressions on people's faces. Take photos of people without warning so you get natural expressions.
- Go camping or sleep under the stars.
- Run around and dance in the rain!
- Watch a sunset and a sunrise, preferably from a beach.
- Do random acts of kindness - maybe give someone a present or treat for no reason at all!
- Write a load of uplifting quotes and messages on paper and stick them around your house. Cut out magazine pictures you love and stick them up too, as well as your favourite photos.
- Write inspiring messages or jokes on strips of paper, go out and leave them places that other people will find them - maybe in library books, newspapers/magazines, on benches, or use blu-tack to stick them to walls, mirrors or doors :-)
- Relax and pamper yourself. Light scented candles, have a bath, apply a face mask, have a DIY pedicure and manicure, paint your nails, get in your PJs and chill!