Buy Him a Maglite Flashlight
When looking for the perfect gift for a man, you just can't go wrong with a Maglite® (often referred to as Mag light). I have never met a man who didn't go crazy over a good Maglite® flashlight.
Over the years, I've purchased a number of them for my first husband. He wanted to be able to keep one in his shop, in the truck, in his toolbox, and in the house.
The really are as durable as they say they are. I remember taking a camping trip and I was following behind my husband who was towing our camper. He had stopped to get something out of the back of the camper and laid his Maglite on the bumper of the camper. Before we realized it, he drove off with the flashlight still on the bumper. It rolled off and tumbled to the pavement, skidding across the lane and into the ditch. Luckily, because I was behind him, I was able to stop and retrieve it. It had a couple of small scratches but worked perfectly.
He's driven over his light, dropped it onto concrete, you name it. It still works beautifully.
I highly recommend them for anyone on your list. Because of the availability of sizes, some of them make great stocking stuffers too.
Maglite Fast Facts
- Anthony "Tony" Maglica is the founder of Mag Instruments, the makers of Maglite flashlights. The company was founded in 1955 and incorporated in 1974.
- Maglite® flashlight is first introduced in 1979
- Maglite® Rechargeable Flashlight System" (Mag Charger®) is first introduced and the new Mag headquarters is built in Ontario, California in 1982
- The Mini Maglite® flashlight is first introduced in 1984
- Mag Instruments develops an Underwater Lighting prototype for Jacques Cousteau
- The Mini Maglite® AAA flashlight is first introduced, Money Magazine names the Mini on of the "99 Things That, Yes, American Make Best" in 1987
- The Solitaire® flashlight si first introduced and Fortune Magazine names Mag flashlights as one of "100 Products America Makes Best" in 1988
- The Americana® Limited Edition AA flashlights and the Maglite® Racing flashlights are introduced in 1997
- The shape, style and overall appearance ("SSOA") of the Mag Instrument flashlights are protected as registered trademarks. The registration for the SSOA of the Mini Maglite flashlight was awarded by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 1997
- Forbes FYI names Maglite® flashlights one of "100 Things Worth Every Penny" and Mens Journal names the one of "85 Perfect Things" in 1999
- The shape, style and overall appearance ("SSOA") of the Mag Instrument flashlights are protected as registered trademarks. The registrations for the SSOA of the Mag-Lite, Mag Charger and Solitaire flashlights were awarded by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2003
- Mens Journal names The Maglite® flashlight in "List of All Time Best Tools, Toys, and Gear" in 2004.
- Mobile PC Magazine named the Maglite® flashlight as one of the "100 greatest gadgets of all time" in 2005
- Maglite® LED flashlight, Mini Maglite® LED flashlight, and Maglite® LED Upgrade Module are all first introduced in 2006
More about Mag Instruments
In researching some of the data for this hub, I learned a lot about how much Mag Instruments gives back to the community. I urge you to visit their website and read over the list of donations they have made to the community during times of crisis and need. They donate thousands upon thousands of flashlights to the Red Cross, Desert Storm, fire associations, police associations, the City of Hope, and so much more. This company has a commitment to the people of America.
Great Links and Resources
- Mag Instrument, Inc. - Manufacturer of the Maglite Flashlight
Maglite.com is the official web site of Mag Instrument, Inc., manufacturer of the legendary Maglite Flashlight.