How To Keep Your Cell Phone Battery As Good As New
Are you tired of your mobile phone dying because of it's low battery life? Many people in the world face this problem; they get a brand new phone and obsess over it. After a few months the battery isn't close to what it used to be like, and in time, it barley even holds a charge. If you just got a new mobile phone and want to keep it's charge, follow these instructions and you have nothing to worry about.
For those of use who have phones that already have no battery, there isn't much you can do but buy a new one. However, I will add some tips below on how to make the most of what you have. Let's get started!
Top Tips for a Strong Battery
Or you might end up buying a replacement cell phone!
- Don't forget to turn OFF Bluetooth.
- Turn your brightness down.
- Turn off vibrate! This one sucks battery with every text.
- If you have multitasking, make sure you always close apps when you're done.
- Turn off your WIFI when you aren't using it.
- If your phone allows an animated background, don't use it unless you want your battery to die twice as fast.
- If you have a jailbroken iPhone, look for tweaks that increase battery life by shutting off unnecessary functions.
- Won't be using the phone for a while? Just turn it off! Your phone battery life will last much longer this way.
- Do you own an Apple product? Click here to go to the official Apple website. They tell you about charge cycles, way more tips, and how to get the most out of your battery.
- Make sure you take care of your phone. Battery replacement is a hassle.
- Figure out what type of battery you have, and research it. Lithium batteries charge different that most other kinds.
If your phone gets apps..
Download a battery app!
Battery apps come on almost every smartphone, and you wouldn't believe how useful they are. These apps tell you how much time you have left for gaming, talking, texting, and browsing the web. They give you even more tips on a healthy battery life, and help you keep up with a good charge cycle. Following the above tips won't be enough, things just aren't made like they used to be. Unless you're already an expert on keeping battery levels high, you need a battery app.
Some good iPhone batter apps:
1. Battery Boost Magic
2. Battery HD+
3. Battery Doctor
4. Battery Life Pro - ALL - IN - 1
There are many more apps like this, but these are the best from my own personal experience.
The free app below can even tell you how much longer your phone will last if you turn off certain processes! It is highly recommended.
Make your battery work out!
Just as you have to train to run the Boston Marathon, phones have to train themselves to stay fit enough to keep running.
Lithium Batteries: When you first get a phone with this kind of battery, charge it for about 8 hours immediately without using it. These batteries shouldn't lose too much charge, if you don't let them die. Every time it dies, it gets a little weaker. So charge your phone whenever it's below 30% to be safe, the lower it gets the bigger chance you have of forgetting. Make sure you keep this kind away from heat, as well. As it will reduce the battery power.
Nickel Batteries: These aren't as common in smart phones, as they aren't really as good anymore. Familiarize yourself with charge cycles, and try not to overexert these phones. Don't call or text too much, and make sure the screen locks (if it can) at all times.
What Kind of Phone do You Own?
Portable Chargers, Bigger Batteries, and Easier ways to charge!
Ever get angry that your outlets don't have USB slots to plug your phone into? Actually, they do make those, and I took the time to find one and put it below.
Need more power on road trips? Get a car charger!
Even if there is no source of power around, you can STILL charge! Just get a powermat! They allow you to play your smartphone onto the pad and charge it anywhere, any time.