My computer keeps restarting over and over again on its own. How to fix this?
My computer continuously keeps on booting up or restarting in a loop over and over again, why is this happening? What should i do to fix this problem and start
Probably you might be wondering why your computer/pc keep on shutting down and restarting over and over again in a loop incessant on it's own. And you may be trying to find a solution for this computer problem.
Well, you have reached the right place to find the answers to all the questions lingering on your mind, besides you can fix your computer all by yourself without taking it to the pricey repair technicians at Geek Squad or any repair shop even if you are not a computer geek.
First, let's understand why a computer should shut down and restart on it's own? The two main reasons are
1. Your computer processor may get overheated (Processor overheating mainly caused by applications such as real player, video game app, media player, itunes etc..that might require a lot of processing) You can either upgrade your RAM or check if the overheating caused by any hardware issues like heatsink not working etc using tools such as memtest or hot CPU tester.
2. Corrupted OS files causing bad memory.
There's a setting in Windows XP that tells your computer to restart when OS error occurs. You can turn off that option, if you would like to
1) Click Start, then open Control Panel
2) Click Performance and Maintenance
3) Click System
4) Click on the Advanced Tab
5) Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section
6) Uncheck Automatically Restart in the System failure section
Note that this may prevent the system from restarting, but it can also mask the true problem.
In order to fix your OS error and bad memory and to prevent your computer from any further damage, you can recover the corrupted file using a recovery CD or from a hidden partition.
However there is one shortcut if you don't want to take all the hassle of using recovery disk or backing up all your personal data, it is called Reimage. Reimage is a combination of AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, Registry Cleaner and Full PC Repair. Reimage replaces all those corrupted system files with the correct files from a very huge repository of over 25 million components. And it is the only product that can correct the damage and revive your computer as good as new.
Visit Reimage, the one stop fix for all your computer problems.