MyFax vs eFax - Which is the Better Online Fax Service?
MyFax vs eFax
Are you looking for a comparison review between MyFax and eFax? Luckily for you, we got you covered. It’s not easy to compare anything to eFax as they are one of the top recognized online faxing services. Both online faxes make it convenient to fax online and to dump your traditional fax machine. Either way you go, paper jamming days are long gone.
MyFax vs eFax – Which is the Better Online Fax?
Does being more popular make you the better choice for online faxing? Sorry, eFax, it does not. Cheaper price, features, and reliability make MyFax the overall better online faxing service. However, eFax is still a good choice for online faxing.
- MyFax – Why pay more for the same service? MyFax plans start as low as $10 per month. This plan entitles you to send 100 pages and receive 200 pages. Unlike eFax, they do not charge any setup fees for new accounts.
- eFax – A bit more expensive with plans starting at $16.95 per month. This plan allows users to send and receive up to 300 pages (150 each) per month. eFax charges a $10 setup fee for all new accounts. Additional pages are ten cents.
MyFax vs eFax – Online Faxing Comparison
Free Trial Period:
$10/mo. to $40/mo.
$10 to $19.95
No. of Sending Pages:
150 to 400 pages
150 to 200 pages
No. of Receiving Pages:
200 to 400 pages
150 to 200 pages
Cost for Additional Pages:
10 cents per page
10 cents per page
MyFax vs eFax: Which Online Fax Has Better Features?
Since the two have similar features, it’s hard to say which one is better. In terms of comparing features, I think that you cannot take anything away from neither one of these online fax services. That being said, here is a list of features that both of these online fax services provide to its users:
- Local and/or toll free fax number
- Send and receive faxes using email, fax machine, mobile device, and through your account dashboard
- Preview your fax before sending
- Send to multiple recipients
- Store all of your contacts in your personal address book
- Faxes that fail delivery are automatically retried up to three times
- Receive notifications on new faxes
- Receive confirmation on all successfully sent faxes
- Send and receive faxes in several file formats including PDF, DOC, and JPEG
- View your faxing history
- All of your faxes are safe and secure on their servers
The features above can be found on both MyFax and eFax. However, eFax has digitized signature that allows you to sign documents before sending them. This alone does not make them the winner here as documents can easily be signed using most PDF editors. If you are trying to pick out the winner based on features, you will not have much luck.
MyFax vs eFax: Which is the Better Overall Value?
This is a tricky comparison as both online fax services provide users with value in their own ways. Looking at the table above, MyFax is the better overall value as it has a lower monthly price and does not charge any account setup fees. Additionally, MyFax provides user with more plan options; therefore, it is suited for users with frequent and occasional faxing.
Both services are at the $20 mark if you upgrade to the next available plan and are featured on the best online fax services. Here is a better look at their pricing structure:
MyFax Plans – starts with a 30 day free trial
- Best Value – starting at $10/mo. for 150 sending and 200 receiving pages.
- Most Popular – starting at $20/mo. for 200 sending and 200 receiving pages.
- Fax More – starting at $40/mo. for 400 sending and 400 receiving pages.
eFax Plans – starts with a 30 day free trial
- eFax Plus – starting at $16.95/mo. for 150 sending and 150 receiving pages. This plan has a $10 one-time setup fee.
- eFax Pro – starting at $19.95/mo. for 200 sending and 200 receiving pages. This plan has a $19.95 one-time setup fee.
Additionally, both MyFax and eFax charge ten cents for each page that exceeds your monthly limit. Personally, I do not like setup fees as they are a way of obtaining more profit. If MyFax can setup your online faxing account for free, why can’t eFax do the same?
MyFax vs eFax: Technical Support and Assistance
In terms of customer support, I would say the both MyFax and eFax provide users with exceptional assistance.
MyFax offers customer support using phone and email. Their live chat support is available during business hours. Other than their live chat service, their customer support is available 24/7. Additionally, they have tons of guides, FAQs, and webinars.
On the other hand, eFax provides customer support using phone and email. Like MyFax, they limit their live chat support to business hours. They too have tons of resources including FAQs, guides, ad documentation.
Overall, both services have knowledgeable staff and above-average response time.
Which online fax do you like better?
MyFax vs eFax: Conclusion
Choosing the better online fax will depend on your budget and preference as MyFax and eFax are evenly matched in our primary feature criteria. Both of these online fax services provider users with an easy to use platform and a more convenient way of faxing. Additionally, both are better and cheaper alternatives to a traditional fax machine.
MyFax is the better overall value as it has more plan options along with a much lower monthly price. I’ll end this comparison review with a question that will ultimately answer itself. Why pay more for the same service?
Here is a more updated MyFax vs eFax review.
© 2014 reviewraters