Plantronics Cordless Headset Phone - Review
If you are looking at these kinds of phones, you've probably heard the name "Plantronics" recommended over and over. They are top of the line. The is a cordless phone with a headset used mainly for customer service applications at home. It sits in a battery charging cradle and it has a clip to attach to your belt or waistband so that your hands are free for typing, writing or using another handheld device. I bought the CT14 model in 2014 to use taking customer service calls for a very large telecommunications company from my home office. Plantronics Cordless Headset Phone
This phone is excellent compared to others I have used. You really can feel the quality as soon as you touch it. Some of the pros include:
- It's lightweight. This phone is small, compact and weighs very little. It doesn't drag on your waistband at all.
- The battery lasts a very long time. You can use this phone nonstop for 8 hours a day and it drains very, very little. This is important; you don't want to be in the middle of your shift and realize your phone is about to die.
- The headset is comfortable. It's plastic with a very cushioned ear piece. It's lightweight and very easy to adjust. If you are going to have to wear it for hours, you want it to be really comfortable, so that you barely notice it's there. This one fits that bill.
- The buttons are very easy to understand and use. Some of these phones have what seems like 700 buttons on them and almost none of them are labeled. Or they have very few and the buttons are huge. This phone is very user-friendly, with buttons that are a comfortable size and clearly-labeled.
- It's cheaper than many of the other models. If you are looking at these phones, you've probably noticed that they are pretty expensive. This particular model is excellent quality and the price is very fair compared to just about all of the others of it's caliber.
- It's very sturdy and well-made. I have kids and pets, so this phone has taken its share of bumps, falls and "Oopsies!" It has stood up very well to all of it. I still have it. It still works.
- The call quality is excellent. This is a big one when you are working from a home office; companies have a zero-tolerance policy for noise, either in the background or from your phone. This phone had crystal-clear call quality, with no humming, buzzing, static, breaking up or anything else. The volume is easy to use and comfortable.
There weren't that many cons with this phone at all. It's sturdy, well-made and durable. I dropped it more than once and it came through just fine. The only real cons or drawbacks I noticed were:
- It takes a really long time to charge; about 24 hours. This isn't a huge flaw but it can create a serious problem because 24 hours is a long time if you just realized it's dead or very close and you have to work in 2 hours. To mitigate this, the phone should be on the charger whenever it's not being used.
- For my family, it was a lot of money to pay for a phone. If you don't have much money, you might hesitate about buying this model. I know I did. Truthfully though, the phone paid for itself in less than a week, which I was very pleased by - and so was my husband. It really is one of the top of the line models in the cordless headset market and it's much cheaper than some of the other models.
The Bottom Line
I highly recommend the Plantronics Cordless Headset Phone (model CT14). I would absolutely buy another one - not that I need to. If you are looking for a phone that is excellent for working at home taking calls, you could spend more money on a different phone but you don't need to. If you spend less, you might end up spending more money in the end when you end up having to buy this one anyway. Quality matters in this area, and the bottom line is that Plantronics is quality.