Review of Screen Hunter 5 Software
What is ScreenHunter?
ScreenHunter 5 is a screen capture software by Wisdom-Soft. ScreenHunter software allows users to capture screen shots, error messages, text in documents and web pages. The basic edition of ScreenHunter 5 is free but the more advanced features require payment to activate. What are the pros and cons of ScreenHunter version 5?
Pros of Screenhunter Software
- ScreenHunter 5 is easy to use. Start the application. Then use the Windows hot key F6 or the "Capture Now" button to capture the screen view.
- The built in help wizard contains answers to most of the questions I have ever had about the application. It also contains multiple links to Wisdom-soft help resources.
- The Screenhunter 5 basic edition includes a use timer, allowing users to select a delay before the screen capture is taken. Similar to a flash timer on a camera, this allows users to select the screen capture and then replicate the events or error they need to capture.
Cons of Screenhunter Software
- Screenhunter 5 has a low response time for capturing larger screen shots. When an online presentation or moving graphic is being captured, the image you intended to catch may have passed you by, though the captured image is not blurry.
- The built in document viewer and editor is good, but it is only available after upgrade to the paid-for version.