- Internet & the Web
SEO for websites made easy
SEO for Websites Made Easy
You have a web page, and you want people to find you. How do you do get people to find you? You try to think like a search engine. I am going to teach you some important points in designing a web page so search engines will find you and bring you that traffic you want.
1. Use your keywords in your title tag – use what you are writing about as your
title, writing about mashed potatoes, use Mashed Potatoes in your title –
your title tag is what is pulled into the search engines. Focus your title narrowly, it may not be as exciting to write informative titles, but that's what search engines prefer.
2. Try to use your keywords in your URL– writing about mashed potatoes, include ‘mashed
potatoes’ ex. http://www.yourdomain.com the-best-mashed-potatoes-ever.By using the keywords again in your title, shows search engines how important those words are to your web page. Don't miss this opportunity to use they keywords in the page title.
3. Focus on keyword density – use the phrase in your first sentence, and about throughout 3-5%
in post, but don't go over 10%, it is believed that anything over 10% there is a penalty. Consider writing posts that are at least 400 words or more long, this makes for a nice read for the reader, but you also have the opportunity to use the keyword in a variety of ways throughout the page, and this will help your keyword density.
4. Consider using keywords in header tags – use <h1>, <h2>, <h3> tags, make sure you what’s used in the tag is written about. Search engines know when you are trying to fool them, so make sure you are writing about the content within the header tags, and don't overuse the header tags.
5. Write unique and original content – write your own material, be the authority, don't be the follower. If you want to re-post someone's article, consider re-writing it in your own words, consider adding relevant points to the subject matter. Because if you copy material, it was already indexed, and the search engines know you are not the authority on the subject.
6.Use Keyword Rich file names – if you are using photos, take a moment or two to name the photo file with a keyword you are writing about. If you are writing about cameras, consider naming the photo camera-photo, or at least something with the camera word in there.
7. Internal Links – link to internal content that is about similar content. You want to show that you know all about a particular subject. Also went you link, use the keyword again inside of the link. For example, never link anything using 'Click here', link like this, 'Digital Cameras that are easy to use'.
8. Outbound Links –link to similar content, this way your reader, and search engines know, you are an authority and that you like to link to relevant content. Again, take the opportunity to link using keywords that you are focusing on.
9. Update your website frequently – the more you update, the more
search engines come to you. Write 2 to 3 times a week at a minimum, search engines like to spider sites that are fresh.
10. Back linking Strategy - spend a few moments each day commenting on other bloggers. Write quality comments, this way other readers can discover you, and you often receive a free back link when you leave a comment. Leave 5 comments a day on 5 different websites.
These are just a few basic suggestions for optimizing your website for search engines. You want to optimize your website for search engines. Organic traffic, traffic that happens through searches is the traffic you really want to have coming to your website, chances are these are visitors that you have not had previously, and you want new visitors.