HP Envy 7155 Simple Printer Unboxing and Setup
HP Envy 7155 printer is an All-in-One printer that can perform high-end printing and scanning functions. The printer can be connected to a wireless network and accessed from any device connected to the same network. The procedure for setting up the printer is discussed in the following sections.
- HP ENVY Photo 7155 All-in-One Printer comes with the following in the box package. Black and color ink cartridges, power cords, and user guides.
- Lesser significant things such as instant ink flyer, setup card, and media pack are present. 1 USB slot, Wi-Fi, and SD card slot are available.
- The printer comes with tri-color cartridge allowing prints on color. A maximum number of permissible copies at a time is 50 at 21 copies per minute.
- It has an operating temperature range of 15°C to 32°C. Supports SD card and comes with a standard 256Mb DDR3 memory.
Unboxing the printer:
Unboxing is all about setting the printer free of the packaging material, but it is essential to handle the printer in the right way. Open up the carton and lift the printer. Prefer a flat surface to place it. Remove all the tapes and other packaging material on the printer. Lift the scanner glass and clear the safety material on the glass. Using the handles provided on either side of the printer, lift the carriage access door and remove the tapes and packing materials in the access area. Close the access door. With this, the unboxing is complete.
Look for the power cable in the carton and unwrap it. Identify the end to be connected to the printer and plug it into the rear port of the printer. Connect the other end to a nearby wall outlet and power on the printer. Unwrap the new ink cartridges and keep them ready to be loaded. Lift the cartridge access door, and once the carriage stops moving, install the new ink cartridges into appropriate slots. Draw the paper input tray out, clear any packing material, slide out the paper width guides and load enough paper in it.
Installing the driver:
An installation CD comprising the printer driver is usually supplied along with the printer. You can either use the CD or download the driver from the manufacturer’s site. Run the setup files to install the driver. Respond appropriately to the prompts on the installer screen until the installation is complete. Connect the printer to your device only when you receive a prompt to do so.
The printer is now ready for use.
To Connect Wireless
- The first step towards connecting your HP Envy 7155 printer to a wireless network is that you learn the network password to gain access. The default password of the wireless router can be found underneath it.
- To view the password of the network that you are currently connected to, go to Network Connections and open Status. Choose Wireless Properties and under the Security tab, check the Show Characters option.
- Printer to work on wireless requires the driver to be installed with the wireless option chosen. If the installation was performed with USB settings, uninstall the driver and reinstall opting for the wireless option.
- Before setting up the printer to a wireless network, make sure both the HP Envy Photo 7155 printer and wireless router are turned on. Your printer will detect the router. Choose your router model and enter the password to connect to it
- To connect to the router’s network, For windows, choose set up on the touch screen and select network setup. Following which you should click on wireless set up wizard. You can find your wireless router in the list that appears.
- If your network is not found, enter your network name manually and click done. A search will be done and the printer will connect to the wireless network automatically. Remember to enter the password when prompted.
- For a Mac system, the procedure is the same as the setup modification are made in the printer and not on the computer. Make sure to place your printer close to your router as the signal is strongest when placed closer.
- Make sure your HP Envy Photo 7155 driver software is updated to avoid unnecessary interruptions during printing. Now that your printer is connected via Wi-Fi, it can receive print jobs from wireless devices which are configured in the settings.
© 2019 Printer Tips