Terabyte Sleek Wireless Optical Mouse Review
What exactly is a wireless mouse and how is it used?
I want to start off with explaining to readers who've never used a wireless mouse what it is in reality.
You must have heard of bluetooth mouses and keyboards. Well, a wireless mouse makes use of a tiny USB Nano receiver to connect to the laptop. You will need to insert a single AA battery into your mouse for it to have power since it is not directly connected via USB to your laptop or PC.
There is a small On-Off switch behind the mouse which can be used to turn the power of the mouse on or off so that you can save energy when you're not using your product.
It is a optical laser mouse just like any other mouse that we use in our day-to-day life in the present day.
I will next explain the features of the mouse I am reviewing.
Features of the Terabyte Sleek Wireless Optical Mouse
- As the name states, the mouse is super sleek and has a very good look about it. It is very impressive at first glance itself and this is one of the main reasons that I bought it. I fell for it the moment I saw it on Flipkart.
- The mouse is wireless and uses a USB Nano Receiver to transmit and receive messages from your computer which helps to let go of the disadvantage of having an old PC or laptop that does not have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- The above mentioned product is available on www.flipkart.com at a very reasonable price of INR 269 (variable) with a delivery charge of INR 70 (variable). For a student like me who's always hard on cash, this was literally a value added bonus.
- There is a slot to insert the nano receiver for storage in your mouse's body when you disconnect it from your laptop.
- There is a special on-off switch which we can use to save power when we're not using the mouse.
- The mouse also has an automatic turn-off function when we don't use it for a long period of time and this also is an added bonus to saving power of the battery.
- There is also a DPI (Dots Per Inch) button in the mouse to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse pointer.
- The overall movement and handling of the mouse is very comfortable and easy.
Front view of mouse and nano receiver
Rear views of mouse
Disadvantages of the mouse
- The DPI button doesn't seem to do much no matter how many times I press it and try to move the mouse pointer after each press.
- The slot in which to insert the receiver for storage is not proper. It takes a few seconds to insert the receiver into it.
- Sometimes the mouse takes time to respond after it has automatically turned itself off and manually turned on by me.