The Next Gen Nexus – Five Features Fans Would Love In This New Device
The Nexus devices have always been successful when it comes to creating a buzz before their release. Although this hype was particularly reserved for Apple products, the last few years have seen a decent rise among mobile phone fans. This time of the year is exciting in the same sense – fans await the announcement of the specifications of the next gen Nexus, its release date and of course, the launch of the new mobile device in the international as well as the domestic market.
And although not much is known at this time about the specifications of the upcoming device, there are several sources who have claimed that these would be made public by October this year, and the device itself should be launched sometime in November, the same year. A point to note though – this is not an official announcement from the search giant or device manufacturers, but Google has followed the trend of releasing new devices always in the last quarter, and this time seems no different.
Features We Would Love to See Implemented in the Next Gen Nexus
Furthermore, it is speculated that two new devices are scheduled to be released – the first to be manufactured by LG (which is also the successor of Nexus, aka the next gen Nexus) and the other to be put in production by Huawei. These are named (as of now) as the “Bullhead” and “Angler” respectively. Now, it is obvious that these devices will have upgrades when compared to their predecessors. However, the mobile users in the current generation demand more, and below we briefly list five features fans would definitely want to see in the next gen Nexus.
- External Memory – Although the Nexus devices come pre-installed with 16 and 32GB of inbuilt memory, there are many who would still want their devices with a higher storage capacity. Memory has always been a concern among cell phone users, and the next gen Nexus is no different.
- Improved Security – This is another aspect that users worry about the most. In a general perspective, most high-end mobile device manufacturers have implemented fingerprint scanning sensors to enhance device security. Nexus users would definitely want a slice of that too, especially when it is all about securing their private data.
- Battery Improvement – The earlier Nexus devices, regardless of their performance, did suffer from battery backup issues. And while Samsung has gone a step ahead in the race after it implemented a feature that could significantly increase the standby time of a device, users would love to see the next gen Nexus following the same suit.
- Cardiac Monitoring – Although some high-end mobile phone devices feature sensors for checking your heart rate, Nexus users still do not have that luxury. In most cases, this problem is taken care of by keeping an additional device. Nevertheless, users would much appreciate it if the next gen Nexus would come pre-installed with an in-built sensor for that too.
- IR Technology – Although some may find infra-red to be obsolete, these are actually very useful when it comes to manage electrical appliances we use at home, such as air conditioners and TVs. Notably, Nexus 6 was equipped with IR. Fans are hoping the next gen Nexus 5 also comes equipped with one of these.
Although the second generation Nexus 5 will not be officially announced until the end of the third quarter, fans and critics have been wondering on how Google would be presenting it. This year’s Google I/O has also instilled new hopes among Android lovers, and it is only a matter of time when the device would be in the market for all of us to see. Till then, let’s keep our fingers crossed for the next gen Nexus!