- Internet & the Web
LinkedIn Is Number One Top 10 High Tech Company
Number One Tech Company for Growth
Although the public might expect entertainment or tech gadgetry to consume the largest number of slots in the Top 10 List of Tech Companies growing in America, a professional work related site is in the Number One Place: LinkedIn.com.
People in America are interested in work. They want to find new jobs, advance in their current positions, and contribute to growing companies as they enjoy the benefits that these firms can offer them. Given this, the fact that LinkedIn.com, the social networking site for professionals, is the fastest growing high tech company in the USA in 2012 is not so surprising.
I myself am a member of LinkedIn and enjoy many of the features offered on the site. The groups for discussion and information sharing give me up to the minute information about what’s going on the world of work all across America. I am able to learn about new company openings, company expansions, new job listings, emerging industries, training practices, employment interviewing among several industries, background checking, and nearly every other aspect of employment and business ownership. Further, I can access such information more quickly that it appears on Yahoo News.
Employment and business concerns are not the only areas of my interest; I also belong to respected martial arts and sports groups, medical/health groups, education and science discussions, Christian groups, and others. Some of these groups even meet in local branches in my city for face-to-face conversations and events.
Members of LinkedIn can post a resume, connect to other members, and join group discussions free of charge. A premier membership for a fee adds other options to the basic package.
Recent Share Price History LNKD
LinkedIn Employment Networking - Good To Use
LinkedIn: 225,000% Growth Since 2008: See Next Two Graphs For More Detail
LinkedIn Jobs Increased Markedly 2012-2014
LinkedIn Jobs and Use Of LinkedIn As a Job Duty Increased 350,000% 2009 - 2014
LinkedIn Social Networking For Employment
1. LinkedIn - Sales increased 115% over the previous 12 months and connected with LinkedIn increased 225,000% from January 2008 to January 2012, four years..That is an incredible increase. See the description above for information..
In May 2012, over 19,000 jobs were posted across the Internet that either originated at LinkedIn or involved posting company business on the LinkedIn site.
The Forbes.com Top 10 Hi-Tech List
This remaining nine companies of the Forbes.com Top 10 List is extracted from the Forbes Top 100 High Tech Companies that are growing fast. I've pulled the first 10 in order to examine them more closely, along with their employment trends.
Apple - Computing and Communication Technologies
2. Apple - Sales increased 63% over the previous 12 months and with this company's record of communications and data technology accomplishments, they are expected to be in the Top 10. At the death of Steve Jobs, several additional pieces of technology were already on the drawing board.
Job listings for Apple have increased 170% in the years between January 2006 and January 2012.
3. Qlik Technologies - 37% increase. Although it is not advertising many jobs in Spring 2012, Qlik Technologies is a business intelligence software company. Its software can be used by financial and business analysts system wide. Founded in the early 1990s, its owners feel that its software functions in a way very similar to the human brain. Their website states that all 20 of the Top 20 Financial Institutions in North America and Europe use QlikView software. www.qlikview.com/
Qlik Technologies showed only a flat-line graph at "0" job increases for several months and posted only four jobs via Internet in May 2012. However, the company still generated 37% greater sales revenues over the previous 12 months.
athenahealth - INSURANCE
4. athenahealth - 34% increase. Starting out as a financially strapped women's health clinic in California, this company emerged as a medical practice management and collections firm. Products include athenaClinicals, athenaCollections, athenaCommunicator, and athenaCoordinator. The last one uses cloud computing to coordinate all steps of patient care. This all is the next best thing to the national patient database proposed in the USA. www.athenahealth.com/
Numbers of job listings for this company have fluctuated, with an increase in early 2012.
Equinix - Internet Traffic
5. Equinix - 27% increase. Equinix IBXs (Internet Exchanges) route over 90% of the world’s total Internet traffic. Hundreds of carriers or ISPs include Google, Yahoo, IBM, and General Electric. equinix.com/
Job listings fluctuates, but the company has experienced peak growth several times.
Ebix - INSURANCE
Ebix - INSURANCE
6. Ebix - 28% increase per previous 12 months. Ebix, Inc. is a leading international supplier of software and E-commerce services to the insurance industry. The company runs over 30 offices in the USA, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada, China, Japan and India. Its interests include life, annuity, health, risk management and property & casualty insurance. http://www.ebix.com/
Job listings began increasing significantly after January 2011.
7. Aruba Networks - 44% increase. Aruba concentrates on building premier WiFi brand Wireless Lans and networking equipment. www.arubanetworks.com/
While job numbers of fluctuated, listings have increased over all.
Riverbed Technology - Most Consistent Upsurge In Jobs
8. Riverbed Technology - 24% increase. This company deals with Wide Area Networks though its Steelhead Appliance and Cloud Steelhead Appliance, as well as a number of products in hardware and applications. www.riverbed.com/
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Cognizant Technology Solutions
9. Cognizant Technology Solutions - 33% increase. This company provides technologies for use in every industry sector in existence. The company has purchased many other companies in order to expand its potential for products and services. http://www.cognizant.com/
On May 24, 2012, CTS had 700 job openings listed for North America, with additional postings in other parts of the world. A particularly large recruiting program is underway in India and numbers of jobs have increased in 2001 - 2012.
10. Shutterfly - Online digital photo sharing. - 54% increase in sales over the previous 12 months. Shutterfly outdoes Flickr and PhotoBucket by offering photo books and other personalized products besides online photo posting. www.shutterfly.com/
Number of jobs dipped in 2011, with a resurgence in early 2012.
Visit company websites included in this Hub for additional information and the latest jobs listings worldwide.