The World's Best Domain and Web Hosting Provider - Let's Find Out
Do you know the world’s best domain registrar or web hosting provider? Do you want to know which web hosting company is leading the race?
Well, today, most of the professionals associated with writing or digital marketing industry have their own websites. And why shouldn’t they? Your website is your online presence and opens up loads of opportunities to grow.
In this article, I will be sharing everything, from the meaning of domain and web hosting, to giving you a glimpse of how it all works on the internet. In the later part, I will try to find out which company is the world’s best domain registrar.
What is a Domain Name?
A lot of people, especially with less or no technical knowledge, are confused about what a domain name is. They think that a domain name is similar to a website name. But is that true? Let’s find out below.
To tell you straight and without making it more complicated, let me tell you that a domain name and a website name are the same. Yes, those people are correct.
Every computer and website connected to the internet has a unique set of numbers that are called an IP (Internet Protocol) address.
An IP address is the only way for computers to communicate information on the internet. But, as humans, you cannot remember a large set of IP addresses of so many websites daily, as long as you are extremely good at that.
Therefore, domain names were introduced to make it easy for you to access and remember the names of various websites through normal English alphabets.
Every website consist of two parts:
a web domain and web hosting
Just like every citizen of a country has a unique government ID, every website on the internet has a unique domain name. No two sites on the internet can have the same names.
But remembere website has two main parts, domain name, and web hosting. I will talk about web hosting in a few minutes.
Who Provides Unique Domain Names?
The next question you might have in your mind is that who provides these unique domain names to website owners. Well, it’s the work of domain providers or domain registrars to provide a unique domain name to every website owner.
However, their work and responsibility are far more than just providing domain names for various people and businesses. In the later part of the article, you will also learn the world’s best domain provider.
A domain name provider is a company from which you can purchase and register the unique name of your website or domain. Apart from this, they also sell various web services and tools to website owners and manage and transfer domains to and from other providers.
A Las Vegas-based non-profit international organization ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) is responsible for managing all the domain names in the world.
Domain name providers are accredited by ICANN to offer these services to people around the world.
What is Web Hosting?
As mentioned above, if you want to create a website, you must have both a web hosting as well as a domain name.
While a domain name is the primary name of your website, web hosting is a place your provider’s server where your entire website’s content is situated. Web hosting is simply short for website hosting, meaning managing the website.
You can think of the domain name of your website as television, hosting as the plug, and the server as a socket. Unless and until you don’t put the plug (hosting) in the socket (server), your television (domain name) won’t work.
So, now, I hope you have understood the meaning and difference between the terms, web hosting, and domain name.
Let’s find out the World’s Best Domain and Web Hosting Provider
With this, I came to the primary question of the article. Which are the world’s best domain and web hosting provider? Choosing the right domain registrar is very crucial for you and your business.
The right hosting provider will save you from a lot of headaches for managing it and also help you fix any problem effortlessly and in no time. So, keeping this in mind, without any further wait, let’s try to answer this question below:
- Hostinger is the web hosting registrar which is known for offering the best cheapest plan. Its lowest plan doesn’t even cost a dollar.
- Yes, that’s right. And if you choose the Premium or Business plan, you will get free domain hosting as well as a free SSL certificate. An SSL certificate helps make your website secure and keep all your harmful elements out of it.
- They also sell various kinds of hosting as per your needs. From VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting, cloud hosting, email hosting to WordPress hosting, the company offers attractive hosting deals.
- If you already own a website and want to transfer it to the Hostinger server, they will help you transfer the domain completely free of cost.
- GreenGeeks are in the web hosting business for over 11 years. Although people do not widely know them, it does not mean that their service is ordinary. As their name ‘GreenGeeks,’ they utilize renewable energy to provide hosting services to website owners.
- Talking about the plans, they offer three different plans, Lite, Pro, and Premium. And you are free to choose any plan as per your needs and budget.
- For WordPress website admin, they provide automatic installer also keeps your site up to date from the backend. It means you don’t have to worry anymore about the regular maintenance and performance of your website.
- Their plan starts at $2.95/mo for Lite and goes up to $11.95/mo for the Premium plan. These are one of the lowest and best deals offered by the web hosting company.
3. WP Engine
- Generally, a complete, managed WordPress hosting is more expensive than the shared hosting registrars. WP Engine is one of the best web hosting providers when it comes to hosting quality and performance.
- Although the cheapest plan of WP Engine hosting starts at $30/month, you can choose any plan as per your choice or can also customize as per your business’ needs.
- As the name suggests, the WP Engine web hosting is particularly focused and optimized only for WordPress site managers. So, for every business out there that is running on WordPress, WP Engine can be the best place to buy the hosting.
- Bluehost is considered as one of the best web hosting providers around the world. It can be the ideal place for the general as well as advanced website managers to buy web hosting. Although not offering the lowest prices in the industry, they are well-known for providing the best customer support and powerful hosting technology.
- Whenever you’re stuck at any point in time during installation or need general information regarding your web hosting, they are available 24/7 for your help. Most of the website owners and marketing experts favor Bluehost as the best overall web hosting provider.
- From upgrading your website to VPS, managed WordPress, to getting the best security features, they are the people you should turn to for all your web hosting solutions.
From the above information, I can safely say that Bluehost is the world’s best web hosting company. However, it may be noted that it may be the best domain provider.
So, if you already have a website or planning to create one, be sure to buy web hosting from Bluehost. They generally offer great deals and discounts every time of the year, so grab them as and when you plan to purchase their services.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Nikhil Sharma