Things to do on the Kindle Fire Besides Read
In the past two hours I've seen half a dozen commercials for the Kindle Fire. For those not familiar with the latest gadget from Amazon, set the "it's just another Kindle" way of thinking aside. This one has fun features that makes it seem more like the iPad's younger cousin, twice removed. Here are some of the features I'm looking forward to using!
My Top Five Favorite Kindle Fire Features
- NETFLIX - Still relatively new to the Netflix screen, I was excited upon learning about the option to watch movies on my family's television through the gaming console. However, as mom to two teenage boys, the gaming console gets very little free time! The Kindle Fire has a Netflix app that lets me watch movies in vivid color no matter where I am.
- ANGRY BIRDS - Who doesn't like Angry Birds? The mindless monotony of shooting antagonized avian creatures at egg-thieving green guys is soothing. Pull the bird back...and let him fly. Repeatedly. Everyone I know has tried Angry Birds at least once. If you haven't, I highly recommend it!
- PANDORA - I love music, and Pandora lets me express my interests through a unique channel that's custom tailored to my preferences. A lot of times while reading I like to have some kind of background noise -- especially music. Unlike a normal Kindle, the Fire now lets me listen to my favorites while reading at the same time.
- WEB BROWSING WITH ADOBE FLASH PLAYER - One of my biggest gripes about my Android phone is that it lacks Flash. The Kindle Fire totally has web browsing with Flash player! In case you couldn't tell, I'm pretty excited about this one. Flash player is required for "all the good stuff" online -- like my favorite games from Iron Realms Entertainment!
- EMAIL - No more trying to decipher the minuscule text on a 2" cellphone screen for me! I can't wait to check email and keep in touch with friends and family on a screen that nearly rivals my Acer netbook in size.
There are a lot more features listed on the Amazon Kindle Fire page, but these are the five I'm especially looking forward to. Who knows, I may even be able to dumb-down my smartphone to a classic flip-style model!
So, is a Kindle Fire on your Christmas list? What apps would you most look forward to if so? And if you already have one -- any advice for future users? Thanks for reading!