Top 5 Weather Apps for iPhone
What is the one thing everyone does when they wake up in the morning? Well despite turning the alarm off your mobile phone, the first thing you do is check what the weather is going to be like so you can be prepared for the day ahead. There is so many applications being created each day, but we truly can't get them all, well you can if you got the space on your phone. We have gathered the top 5 weather applications for your iPhone, that will help you get on with your day and that will never catch you by surprised, and you will be the first one to know what is coming your way. Please enjoy the best 5 weather apps for you iPhone.
#5 Yahoo Weather (FREE)
At Number 5 we will have to take Yahoo Weather. Really slim app doesn't take a lot of space on your phone and also a really easy and user friendly app to use. The app has some really cool features that a lot of apps don't have. The app supports more than 40 languages. It is also available for your iPad and Apple watch.
- It includes hourly weather updates, 5- day, 10- day forecasts.
- Photos of people around posted on the app.
- Some of the cool features include: accurate details on wind speed, pressure and the precipitation.
- Weather conditions like: snow, rain, fog, sunny, cloudy and such.
- Animated sunsets, sunrises, browse maps, radars, satellites, and etc.
- You can add up to 20 cities that you can track the weather
- The app also allows you to submit photos and you can share and view other people's photos around your location.
Yahoo Weather Download for iPhone
- Yahoo Weather on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Yahoo Weather. Download Yahoo Weather and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
#4 Weather Channel (FREE)
Well you knew that one was going to be in the top 5 weather apps. I mean we just couldn't leave the Weather Channel out in the rain or snow right? Well since the weather channel came out with the app, they have been a hit. The application is very easy to use and is simply one of the best weather apps in the app store. I mean the app doesn't just tell you what the weather is going to be outside, it even shows you the allergy levels outside, and whether or not to go outside and run! I mean how much more cool can you get really? This app like many other apps has its cool features.
Some of the cool features consists of:
- The app is showing hourly updates, daily, 5- day updates, even a monthly forecast as well.
- The app shows the wind, temperatures, humidity, and much more.
- If you live close to a mountain it even shows you your ski forecast and let's you know if it is a good idea to go out and ski in the winter resorts around you.
- Go Run is another feature that allows you to determine if you should go out and run or not. Depending on the weather forecast it gives you a rating from 1 to 10 scale if it is a good idea to go out and run.
- The app also allows you to add more than 25 locations so you can follow as well as national and world wide weather news.
- Weather Channel is one of the few apps that allows you to notify you with a real-life alert system with weather conditions around your location.
The application is also available for iPod touch, iPad, and Apple Watch.
Download The Weather Channel App for iPhone
- The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Radar on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Radar. Download The Weather Channel: Alerts, Forecast & Radar and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
#3 Radar Scope($10 + $10 annual fee)
This is not your regular Weather app. Oh no it is not, Radar Scope is probably the best weather app available in the app store. There is no other app like Radar Scope out there. This app doesn't focus on providing you with a forecast on what the weather is going to be like today or next week or in a month. The app's purpose is to show you a radar of your location or location of choice and that is it. But it is just a radar, it is a really detail radar that is as accurate as you are part of the app and you are right there. The application shows you radars and warning for the following: Tornadoes, Severe Thunderstorms, Flood Warnings, and etc. An accurate date is being automatically retrieved every 10 minutes to give the most up-to-date information.
Radar Score Download for iPhone
- RadarScope on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about RadarScope. Download RadarScope and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
#2 Accu Weather (FREE)
Accu Weather has been the leading weather app for many years now. It is no longer the most used weather app in the market. Even though the app is still very easy to use and it has a very cool and slick platform. The application allows you to view the weather forecast hourly for up-to 72 hours in advance. Also it allows you to see the forecast up to 10 days as well. The application still holds very high ranks in app store and it is one of the most downloaded weather apps of all time.
Some of the cool features include:
- you can add almost any location around the world, which many apps can't still do that.
- You have animated radar that allows you to see what forecast weather is coming your way so it can prepare you for the day ahead or for your planning for the future.
- You can see other details such as temperature, pressure, wind speed, chance of rain and etc.
AccuWeather App Download for iPhone
- AccuWeather - Weather for Life on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AccuWeather - Weather for Life. Download AccuWeather - Weather for Life and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
#1 Dark Sky ($4)
Dark Sky is truly the most amazing and best rated weather app ever, and I mean ever. Even though the it is not FREE like some of the other apps listed in this article. This might be the best $4 you will ever spend on an app. This weather app follows you as you go and it updates every 60 seconds. The up is able to give you a minute to minute updates up to an hour. So you can see exactly what the weather in your area will be in lets say 17 minutes from now. The app has a very elegant and visual look. Another positive is that the app has no ads and no interruptions, the purpose of the app is to give you what you wanted "forecast". The application is really light and it takes no space whatsoever.
This is truly the best weather app in the app store and everyone must own it.
Dark Sky App Download for iPhone
- Dark Sky Weather on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Dark Sky Weather. Download Dark Sky Weather and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.