Troubleshooting LG Revolution Problems
The LG Revolution smart phone runs on the Android 2.2 (Froyo) operating system and is built to run on the long term evolution (LTE) network. Common issues that can make life difficult with the smart phone include forgetting the unlock pattern, problems with apps, issues static during calls and more. Different issues can sometimes be resolved by various troubleshooting techniques, however, larger issues may need to be resolved by updating the operating system or restoring the phone's factory settings.
Forgot Unlock Pattern
Don't fret if you forgot the unlock pattern required to unlock your LG Revolution. After getting the unlock pattern wrong five times, a "Forgot Pattern?" button appears on the screen. Tap this button and then enter the username and password associated with the Google account that is associated with your smart phone.
Static or Echo on Phone Calls
- Plug your LG Revolution in and charge it. If the battery is low, your may be hearing static because the phone doesn't have the battery power required to pull in a stronger signal.
- Move your smart phone away from away from baby monitors, wireless routers, wireless headsets and any other devices that send or receive a wireless signal. Alternatively, you can turn these devices off. Additionally, if it's possible, try changing the channel that those devices operate on.
If an app is unstable (eg, random crashing or won't launch after you install it, try the following:
- Uninstall and then reinstall the app. You can uninstall the app by opening the phone's menu, selecting Settings, Applications and then Manage Applications. Select the app you're having problems with and then tap "Uninstall." Restart your phone and then reinstall the app.
- Update the smart phone's software, as outlined in the Update LG Revolution Firmware section.
- Contact the app's developer to see if this is a known issue that they're working on resolving.
If your LG Revolution is beeping, it could be caused by a few different issues:
- The battery on your smart phone may be low. Charge it to see if that resolves your problem.
- Check to make sure the beeping isn't a notification for a text message, e-mail or something else you've set up an audible notification for.
Update LG Revolution Firmware
Updating the firmware on your LG Revolution smart phone can restore known software issues with the device and even add functionality. You can update your device's software by doing the following:
- Tap the "Apps" icon, which features four dots on it.
- Choose "Settings."
- Tap "About Phone."
- Select "Software Update." A dialog box appears on the LG Revolution screen, notifying you whether or not a firmware update is available for your smart phone. Install any updates. The amount of time it takes to install the updates depends on the size of the update and the speed of your Internet connection.
Restore Factory Settings
- Shut down your LG Revolution smart phone.
- Hold down the "Power" and "Volume Down" buttons until a message appears on your smart phone asking you if you want to restore your phone to its factory default settings.
- Press the "Power" button. A message appears asking if you're certain you want to proceed with restoring your LG Revolution to its factory settings.
- Press the "Power" button one more time. The smart phone initiates the factory restoration and will restart a few times before finally booting up to the screen you saw the first time you powered the phone on.