VMware Workstation 6.5.3 Update Now Available for Download
Get the Latest Update for VMware
VMware Workstation is a professional level tool for creating, maintaining and running virtual machines.
If you are not sure what a virtual machine is, think of it as one operating system running inside a window on another operating system.
For example, if you own a PC, and would like to run the Mac Operating System OS X, you can do so using VMware Workstation or other Virtual Machine sofware.
VMware has recently released version 6.5.3 of their flagship product, VMware Workstation. This new release includes fixes for a variety of issues, and a number of enhancements, including fuller support for the Ubuntu 9.04 operating system.
- Download VMware Workstation 6.5.3
Optimize your infrastructure with VMware virtualization. From data center to lab, VMware virtualization consolidates servers, optimizes the software lifecycle, and provides business continuity via virtual machine, virtual server, and virtual pc solut
- VMware Workstation 6.5.3 Release Notes
VMware is the global leader in virtualization software, providing desktop and server virtualization products for virtual infrastructure solutions.
Benefits of VMware Virtualization
There are many reasons why it can be useful to run a copy of one operating system inside of another:
- After upgrading your main operating system, you can run incompatible legacy software on a virtual copy of your old operating system.
- If you are a software developer, you can test your software on a variety of operating systems, without the need for purchasing separate physical computers.
- If you are testing software, you can do so in a virtual machine, without exposing your main operating system to risk (remember, the guest operating system can be the same as the host operating system).
- Virtual machines are portable ... create a custom virtual machine using VMware Workstation that has all your favourite software and preferences installed, and run it on any compatible computer with the free VMware Player.
- Distribute identically configured virtual machines to employees or partners to keep a standardized working infrastructure that can be run on a variety of physical computers.