ArtsAutosBooksBusinessEducationEntertainmentFamilyFashionFoodGamesGenderHealthHolidaysHomeHubPagesPersonal FinancePetsPoliticsReligionSportsTechnologyTravel
  • »
  • Technology»
  • Computers & Software

What Type of Parallel Printer Port Does a HP LaserJet 1100 Take?

Updated on October 5, 2010

What does it take to connect this thing up?

A long time ago, HP introduced a new port to connect printers to computers. This port was called mini-centronics. The popular centronics connection was becoming a standard, but HP decided that if it used this newer type of connector, they would sell more cables and thus, keep loyal HP customers coming back for both toner and cables.

So what do you do if you'd like to connect one of these printers (1100, 3200, 4500, 4600, etc) to a computer that only has a standard parallel port (or better yet, only a USB port), where do you find such a cable?

HP LaserJet 1100

Solutions to connecting up your printer

Since the 1100 series printers use a mini-centronics connection, you will need a converter that changes the mini-centronics connection to a standard 36-pin centronics connection. From there, you can connect a standard parallel cable to the adapter and printer like normal.

If you have a USB-only computer, you'll need an additional cable. This cable is usually referred to as a "USB to Parallel" cable. It is sold online at many retailers. For more information on getting this solution working, check out this tutorial about a hp laserjet 1100 printer cable.

HP 1100 printer cable


    0 of 8192 characters used
    Post Comment

    No comments yet.