Why do things go viral?
What is Viral?
Viral is when something multiply's itself many times, or is spread around many times.
- A viral video is when a video quickly gets popular through the internet
- Viral Marketing is when people use various social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, to promote a product or whatever the person may be marketing.
An example of a way something can go viral is when one person sees a video, then sends it to 10 of their friends through email. Then they send it to their friends, and along the way, 3 of them post it to their website. If the cycle continues this thing video can potentially reach over 10,000 emails over the course of 1 week. Some things get even more viral than this, but this is just an example.
If you want to learn more, read the rest of the article, because I will tell you more about what viral is, how to get your things viral, and what is viral in today's world.
Rebecca Black - "Friday"
Top Subscribed channels on Youtube.
- YouTube - Channels
Browse YouTube channels. Check out the Most Subscribed or the Most Viewed channels from today, this week, this month or of all time.
Why do videos go viral?
Things go viral for many reasons. These are some of them.
- They can be so cool, that everyone wants to see them. A good example of this is when MTV first came out. It was new and cool, so everyone wanted to see it.
- They can be so stupid, that people wonder "what is that" . I've seen much better, then email it to their friends saying how stupid it is. An example of this is a recent one. The song "Friday" by Rebecca Black. The song makes absolutely no sense, and is auto-tuned the whole song. Yet it is so dumb, everyone looks at it. Strange, but true. The video "Friday" now has over 60,000,000 views in a month.
- They can be very funny, with adults and children. An example of this you can see easily is the top subscribed channels on Youtube. They are all funny videos, and they all get lots of views. All because some people found them funny, and passed them on to their friends, and then they got viral, and that was it.
How can I get my things viral?
If you want to get your things viral, you will need to either make it very useful, otherwise you will have to make it either funny, stupid, or really neat. Then spread it around as much as you can. Talk about it on all of your Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Blogger, Wordpress, etc. Email it to all of your friends. Go around and post on a forum - not spam, with a link to it in your signature. Post it on your website. All these things will generate a lot of traffic to it and help you become viral. After doing all you can, all you can do is hope and pray for traffic to come in. If it does, you have become the next viral sensation. This is essentially what viral marketing is. Making something, then telling everyone about it. It's almost as good as getting your ad on TV, without having to spend the thousands of dollars to do so.
Did you enjoy this article?
If you did, please leave a comment below. I really love comments, likes, follows, anything. Just let me know what you think. Did this article hit the nail on the head, or was it complete garbage?
Thanks for reading!