Why should I use a VoIP phone when I have a traditional phone available?
Why you should use VoIP phones - Nine simple tips
You must be thinking that if voice calling can be done using a simple standard telephone why should I use VoIP phones. The answer to this is simple. It is because VoIP phones save people’s money because many calls done through VoIP phones are much more cheaper than traditional phones lines and some of them also go free.
The other advantages due to which people are switching towards VoIP phones are:
- Ease of use as VoIP calling is done via Internet.
- VoIP phones are affordable than simple telephones.
- VoIP phones provide many more facilities like you can do conference calls with multiple users at the same time.
- Many VOIP service providers are including premium telephone services like call waiting, call forwarding, caller ID, 3-way calling, and voice mails that are free of charge but this is done with a monthly subscription or a bill.
- VOIP service providers only charge a flat rate for all calls, i.e., local calls and long distance calls. That means they will charge all the calls at the same rate for a specific month instead of charging separate for local and long distance calls.
- In many cases, VOIP providers provide options of checking voicemail through the Internet just same as checking an e-mail. All your voicemail messages can be easily saved and later on if required sent as e-mail attachments.
- Most VOIP service providers use ATA which simply plugs into a broadband connection and business travelers can carry an ATA and VoIP phone with them to locations like hotels and restaurants and still get access to their business phones and can use VOIP services just by plugging into available connection. This helps business travelers while they are with their clients or in a meeting outside their countries or states.
- Another new alternative is a simple software called Softphone which can be easily installed on a laptop with microphones and headphones or speakers and wireless Internet cards so VOIP phone calls can be done without any need to travel with a physical telephone or ATA.
- Gateways or interconnection devices are easily able to inter communicate with traditional phone networks with data networks. The VoIP phone system can divert all your normal phone calls to the Internet so that once it has reached the closest server, call back can be translated and the analog information can be transmitted to a regular telephone with a traditional telephone network so much that it is possible to keep a record of your traditional phone conversations also.
VoIP Phones - Technical description of Voice over IP
With the recent non-stop technological growth and deployment of internet protocols or IP networks in both ways, locally and remotely, and with development of state-of-art advanced voice scanning techniques, traffic prioritization protocols, control mechanisms plus study and research of new network standards which are able to provide good quality of service or QoS in IP networks, we, the highly-advanced human beings, are able to create an environment known as Voice Over IP used in conjunction with VoIP Phones through which it is easily possible to transmit IP telephony but not in a manner which serves to disappearance of the traditional circuit-switched telephone network but VoIP technology is a phase coexistent between the old and new telephone system and of course necessary to be connected via gateways commonly known as VoIP gateways. Both International Telecommunication Union or ITU and Internet Engineering Task Force or IETF have addressed the above process.
The VoIP process is compounded by Internet phenomenon with potential of economic benefit with newer technologies like Voice over IP and therefore, VoIP or voice over internet protocol or voice over IP or whatever is said has become a hot thing which is being applied in business strategies. Nowadays, due to these new technologies like VoIP, IP telephony has begun to see the finest hour and is converting into a much more advanced technological state.
Original concept of VoIP phones has remained relatively simple since it came into existence a decade ago. Use of voice networking or VoIP phones is to transform the voice in packets of information manageable via an Internet protocol, which also includes use of Intranet and Extranet.
Thanks to some newer more advanced communication protocols such as Resource ReSerVation Protocols or RSVPs through which it is possible to reserve a certain bandwidth within the network of an organization to ensure quality of communication received and delivered. For more technical description of VoIP phones, visit my other hubs, links above the comment box.