- Internet & the Web»
- Web Page & Web Site Development
WordPress For Limited Budget Unlimited Dreams
Start Using WordPress
Starting a website? Start with WordPress. It helps you grow, and it pays you handsomely over the long term.
WordPress, if you haven’t found out yet, is a friendly content management system that helps you add and manage contents easily in your website.
If you are wondering why add contents, go no further than this announcement in April 2012 by Google’s Matt Cutts:
We want people doing white hat search engine optimization (or even no search engine optimization at all) to be free to focus on creating amazing, compelling web sites.
Simply put, having good quality content in your website is the only way to succeed on the web. And who helps you do that easily and perfectly? The answer is WordPress.
As someone using WordPress for close to 7 years I cannot help but sing its virtues. But here are some great benefits of using it.
- No need to hire anyone for designing website. That’s right. WordPress comes with pre-installed themes, and you just need to start creating contents, and your website is launched!
- Wanna redesign your website? No problem…it is easy to change the look and feel of a ‘commonly used’ theme to make it uniquely yours. Starting this tutorial video below I am going to explain redesign a WordPress theme easily.
- Basic Search Engine Optimization is easy with WordPress. There are some useful free plugins that help you do that, but even otherwise features like categorization, taxonomy, etc. are indeed good help.
- Adding contents is fast and convenient. Web content is no longer just plain texts. To engage viewers and enrich contents, you need to add image, video, etc. to the posts. With WordPress adding rich contents is like a breeze.
- Use plugins to make your blog stand out in crowd. Imagine incorporating polls, contact forms, ratings or many other cool features without ever having to hire a costly pro!
I can of course go on. But let me do something better. I’m going to tell you all about using WordPress the way I do in a series of video tutorials starting with the one below.
The following video below explains basic concepts of installing WordPress in your website.