- Computers & Software
ZoomText Screen Magnifier, Assistive Technologies for the Blind Review
Legally Blind persons with low vision Benefit
Anyone that has low vision, and is desperately looking for the ability to use his or her own computer, should absolutely read this review. At the time of this writing, I am using the 9.1 version of the ZoomText screen reader and magnifier software. You see, (grin) I lost my central (detailed) vision a few years ago and without the ZoomText software, I would not be writing this review. Yes it is true, I am legally blind, cannot drive a car but, I can use my computer for all the things a sighted person can. Thanks in no small part to, ai squared who has been providing adaptive technologies for the visually impaired for over twenty years. As you continue reading this article, ZoomText assistive technologies for the blind review, I sincerely believe, you will begin to see how this adaptive software will work for you. The student regardless of their age, and the elderly loved one who is all but pressing their nose against the computer monitor screen, just trying to read their email the grand kids sent them, will all rejoice with their new found freedom.
What you can do using ZoomText 9.1
● Send and receive your email, yes you can both send, and reply to your friends, family, and fellow students or teachers’ emails. After installing the ZoomText reader magnifier software, simply download it from the ai squared web site, or call and order the CD and install it using the easy to understand and follow installation instructions. I must warn you however, having good computer keyboard skills make using the software hot keys a bit easier.
I use it with outlook, outlook express, Gmail, yahoo, and all my social media sites as well, Facebook, twitter, Hubpages and many more.
Oh, before I forget, I have learned not all but certainly most of my computer keyboard skills while using ZoomText, not because I wanted to, I felt I had to. I have typed many a term paper and business report using the ole hunt and peck method of typing.
● Social media, this article you are reading right now on hubpages, you guessed it, written, assembled, and published all using the screen magnifier, and application reader. Facebook, Twitter, Shetoldme, Stumble upon, Digg, RedGage, and even blogger blogs are much easier than trying to use a magnifying glass held up to the monitor screen.
ZoomText, text magnifire, screen reader
ZoomText Assistive Technologies benefit persons with low vision
● ZoomText 9.1 is compatible with your computer operating system. I am currently using windows 2003 XP and have no issues with the assistive technologies text reader, text to speech software, or screen magnifier the adaptive software is available in versions for windows 7 or later, and Mac for all you Apple fans.
● Microsoft word documents are no problem just select the size, style, and color font you see best, page layout you like and any other preference settings you want to customize, set it as your default, and every time you open a word doc you want to work on you are ready to go, no fussing with all those settings.
● Excel, yes, for you spread sheet users excel works equally well also.
I use my computer everyday thanks to this computer software
Let me be clear, the views expressed in this review is my personal opinion formed over the last several years using ZoomText, I have not or do I expect to be compensated in any way by the software company mentioned in this article. I honestly believe anyone with a vision impairment, that still has some vision will benefit greatly by using this product. Thanks for reading my article, please take a moment if you like, ask me a question or simply leave a comment on what you think. Mike
The author of this publication, Mike Teddleton owns the copyright to ZoomText Screen Magnifier, Assistive Technologies for the Blind Review. The rights to publish this article in print or online can only be granted by contacting me the author in writing. You may use the intro and link back to the article directing the reader back to my post here at HubPages where they may find the story in its entirety