Easy Way To Convert Videos For Playback On The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Having trouble with video playback on your Nokia 5800 XpressMusic? You've come to the right place. This hub will give you an easy way to convert videos for playback on your Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and even your Nokia 5530 XpressMusic.
According to its specifications, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic can play 3GPP formats (H.263), Flash Video, H.264/AVC, MPEG-4 (mp4), RealVideo 7,8,9/10, WMV 9 video formats, but many people have had problems with video playback even with the supported video formats mentioned. I have found mp4 to be the most reliable video format for the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic if you know which basic settings to use. Now let's start converting those videos.
There are many video conversion software out there. Some are highly technical and offer you greater control over the conversion settings, and some simply just don't do the job right. For those like me who want a simple, non-technical way to successfully convert videos to mp4 without having to worry about many settings, I would recommend using Free Zune Video Converter.
Free Zune Video Converter
Free Zune Video Converter is a free software that can convert those videos into mp4 for your Nokia 5800 XpressMusic in no time. You don't even have to install it on your computer. All you need to do is download the zip file, extract it, and run ZuneConverter. Voila, the program opens!
The thing I like about this program is its simplicity and ease of use. Follow these simple steps and you'll be watching videos on your Nokia 5800 XpressMusic in no time:
- Drag and drop the videos you want to convert.
- Set Output Directory, i.e. where you want the converted files to be saved, or you can just select Output Directory=Input Directory, in which case the converted files will be saved in the same location as the original.
- Set Output Format to MP4 (MPEG-4 / AAC) - video and audio. (For some reason, mp4's encoded with H.264 video codec can't be played by the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic or the Nokia 5530 XpressMusic.)
- In Video Options, set Bitrate to 600 kbits/s and FPS to 25.
- Set Resolution in the Advanced Settings section to Custom, Width=640 Height=360.
- Click CONVERT and sit back.
Once conversion is done, upload the videos to your Nokia 5800 XpressMusic or Nokia 5530 XpressMusic and enjoy!