- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics
Underwater Digital Cameras
Digital Cameras for Underwater Photography
A Digital Camera for Underwater Photography is what you need as summertime will be back upon us before we know it, so why not surprise someone with one of these sleek and stylish cameras!
Digital Cameras for Underwater Photography takes on a whole new meaning when the weather turns warm and people start hitting the beaches and swimming pools with their children! So why not capture all those special moments with one of these cameras.
Waterproof Digital Cameras allow you to capture stunning and beautiful photos of you or your kids and loved ones having fun out off or in the water!
Don't worry about damaging the photos because you got the camera wet! These Digital Cameras are fully waterproof and are just what you need to remember the fun times and days of summer! Check out some of the best sellers on today's market!
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 16.1 MP Tough Digital Camera
Amazons #1 Best Seller, with great customer reviews!
Liquid Image Explorer Series 5.0MP Underwater Digital Camera Mask - Underwater Digital Cameras
The manufacturers of this digital camera mask maintain that this is the only swim mask that is equipped with an integrated waterproof digital-video camera and that has the ability to also take photographs. It will operate down to a depth of 15 feet and is ideal for swimming with the dolphins/stingrays or any other water activities. All you have to do is press the shutter button for pictures or video, an LED notification inside the mask will actually advise if you are in photo or video mode!
Hands-free swim mask with built-in 5.0-megapixel digital camera
Tough tempered glass lenses with integrated crosshairs for lining up shots
Operates at depths of up to 15 feet; 16 MB of built-in memory
MicroSD card slot with capacity of up to 2 GB (card not included)
Includes PC-only image editing software; USB port for downloads
Some Simple Tips for taking Underwater Pictures!
1. Firstly, make sure you have your camera settings in the right mode, I have made that mistake a few times and although the footage came out relatively good, there is the correct settings for that perfect result!
2. Buoyancy - it's fun bobbing up and down but it does spoil some good shots, took me a while to master this and not exactly there but improving all the time, good buoyancy will allow you to focus on the tasks at hand! You could also try wearing a weight belt.
3. Distance - It will probably take a little while getting use to taking pictures under water, especially mastering the distance, I kept making the mistake of just trying to use the zoom, get less water in between you and the subject and see the difference! Check out my image below..
4. Use your Flash - Remember the deeper you travel the less light there is going to be, this also applies to swimming pools, the flash will help put the color back into your pictures a great source of illumination!
5. Patience is a Virtue - Don't rush, take your time, there is no race and you don't want to miss a golden opportunity, I tend to take more shots of a subject than needed and take he pick of the best, most of the time I'm thankful I did.
6. Practice makes Perfect - With media cards you can take many shots of your target, be creative, experiment and take some bold chances, shoot up, down and straight, your gonna learn from each shot you take and make improvements as you go along, I have the privilege of using my friends pool to practice, so hopefully I shall get it right soon and take some great photography when the it counts! remember, it's not a race so have fun!
One of the Best Digital Cameras for Underwater Photography
The Pioneer Sealife DC1400 Digital Underwater 14MP Camera according to reviews is said to be one of the easiest cameras to operate, it comes with six underwater function modes to allow you to capture the sharpest and most colorful pictures or High definition Video while using underwater or on dry land.
Armed with 14 Megapixel, a 26mm Wide Angle Lens, High Definition Video with Sound, a Large 3 inch Color LCD Screen with a 25x Zoom Capability.
It has a nice easy to set up mode with a Manual Shutter and Aperture Control, not forgetting the Super macro Auto Focus and the fast shutter response capability.
Truly a nice camera to have around to capture all those special moments, whether it's underwater or on dry land, this is certainly one of the best Digital Cameras on today's market!
Fujifilm FinePix XP50 Digital Camera - Billy's Choice!
So I have reviewed a fair amount of underwater digital cameras, tried and tested a few, and discussed requirements, pros and cons with a friend who has been a professional photographer for many years and basically it came down to this little guy, who gets the first place!
What the XP50 accomplishes is unbelievable, actually if it was not for my friend I would never have discovered it's full capability, a small guy but comes with a big punch and at a great price!
How do I know so much about this camera? quite simple, I liked what I saw, I liked what I heard, I liked what I learned and I liked the price, so I went out and purchased it ;) The controls are pretty easy to get around, the features are fantastic and the pictures, whether taken during the day, night, underwater, in the panorama or video mode come out pretty good and I am pleased with the results. I just love this FujiFilm Finepix XP50 Digital Camera!
It's Waterproof, Shockproof, dustproof, and Freezeproof. 14 Mega Pixles, Full HD Movies, Waterproof to a depth of 5m, and comes with a 5 x Optical Zoom as well as various colors.
My Fujifilm FinePix XP50 Digital Camera
Fujifilm FinePix XP50 Picture Quality
A very nice slim camera that takes great shots in any environment. Will operate up to a depth of 16 feet, and is shockproof from 5 feet. You can shoot with one hand while keeping your balance with this rugged camera, also ideal for those camping trips as it can withstand all that dust & dirt that is out there, need to clean the camera? just wash off with water, after all it is waterproof!
There Are More Underwater Digital Cameras - Check these ones out!
What an awesome camera released by Pentax, not only is it waterproof but it is dust proof, shockproof and crush proof, an excellent camera and a great price, sleek, stylish, and great colors.
Because of the high demand this may be unavailable from time to time, check back later if this is the case!
Underwater Digital Cameras Poll Module!
What Underwater Camera will You be Getting?
Pentax Optio WG-1 and WG-2 Digital Cameras
The Pentax Optio WG-1 and WG-2 digital camera is ready for the outdoors. Water-proof, shock-proof, dust-proof, and even crush-proof, these tough little cameras have a wide-angle lens and 5x optical zoom to make sure that it not only survives your next hiking, camping, biking, rafting, outdoor excursion, it brings back clear memories you can share with everyone who didn't go.
Olympus TG-3 Waterproof 16 MP Digital Camera
So it's a little pricey, and although I do not own one personally, I have borrowed my Professional Photographer friends for a quick play and his review!
It is a pretty amazing compact rugged camera, it's water resistant to 50ft, comes with Focus stacking, shock resistant, nice and small/compact, has telephoto, fish-eye, and macro light ring accessories available, and a couple of things I love about this camera is that it's Wi-fi, GPS capable, and has a digital compass, HD Movie capability, and naturally fits neatly into your pocket.
Truly a great product from Olympus.
eBay is Waterproof
Check out some of the amazing deals on eBay for underwater digital cameras!