jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If my iPod isn't syncing with my iTunes, what should I do?

1. Warriorwannab profile image53
    Warriorwannabposted 8 years ago

If my iPod isn't syncing with my iTunes, what should I do?

2. profile image44
    noggin123450posted 8 years ago

Try restoring it to the latest firmware.

3. kjetil profile image39
    kjetilposted 8 years ago

- Shutdown your computer.
    - Disconnect all usb devices except Ipod,mouse and keyboard.
    - Start the computer

Works for me smile

4. profile image57
    tina1234posted 8 years ago

Keep itunes running (chek you have a good install by updating to the new version 7.7 available now)
    Then with itunes running reset the ipod by holding down the menu and centre button til the screen goes black then once it lights up with the apple logo connect it to your computer then select restore from the ipod tab in iTunes and it will reformat the ipod and reinstall the music.

5. profile image43
    Cupiditasposted 8 years ago

Im guessing it says on your screen to sync to itunes, but when you do, it still has the sync logo on the screen even when unplugged, it means theres foreign software on youre ipod, which leads me to thinking you are jailbreaking youre ipod for the first time (if its ipod touch/iphone) Find a different program that dosnt do this (meaning that site has been patched so you cant use it without itunes reconizing)

6. gizmoflux profile image58
    gizmofluxposted 7 years ago

1) Make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes.
    2) If you are and it is still not working, try using a different USB port.
    3) If this still doesn't work, restart the computer and try again.
    4) As a last resort you can always back the iPod up (depending on the memory size it could take up to 10 minutes) and then restore using iTunes big_smile

Glad to be of service.

7. digitalkdogg profile image56
    digitalkdoggposted 6 years ago

Why not get a droid.  According to the national vulnerability database there are 91 known vulnerabilities for itunes.  Since MP3's are just music files you don't actually need itunes to play them.  I know interesting concept there.  Just get a droid and you download MP3 and play on your computer, phone and whatever else device you want to listen to music on.  You can even sign up for cloud service and access your music anywhere.  Here is the link to the national vulnerability website. http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/searc … mp;cves=on

working