i have a bsnl broadband connection with a type 2 modem which has wifi 4 lan port

1. profile image45
    xxxarunxxxposted 8 years ago

i have a bsnl broadband connection with a type 2 modem which has wifi 4 lan ports. I have a...

wifi-laptop which is connected primarily to the modem. A desktop PC is close to the modem and another desktop PC is in the room next to it. All machines are running xp. I wish to share the internet connection between the three PC's, since the desktop does not have a wifi inbuilt, i plan to buy two wifi dongles. Now how do i configure this connection? Sorry for the trouble. I hope you can answer my question.
    Arun

2. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 7 years ago

You can connect the PC (that is close to modem) using LAN cable. Insert one end of the cable in any of the LAN port of the modem. Take care to click "assign IP address and DNS automatically". You can connect PC in other room using a USB wifi dongie. If DHCP server is enabled, you need not to configure anything. You may need to install drivers for wifi dongie if it is not recognized by the Windows in your PC. You may also need to configure your wifi or wireless connection by supplying security key and configuring authentication type.

3. receivetipstricks profile image79
    receivetipstricksposted 4 years ago

Assuming that your laptop is already connected to internet , you will have to connect two pc now.

Use the lan cable to connect one pc which is close to the laptop,

And you need to configure the second pc using authentication username and password.

working