This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

i did a registry clean after doing some research and my laptops not bin the same

1. profile image47
    onceamonkeyposted 8 years ago

i did a registry clean after doing some research and my laptops not bin the same since.

my laptop no longer seems to be able to keep up with my negligable keyboard skills,its slower,keeps hanging[upto 30seconds], and the bloody fan is on almost constantly!!... Its only small...20gb,256mb ram, but its bin ok till recently,just a bit slow. ...have done a complete computer scan with the free avg [nothing found] and a defrag,neither made a diff. .....anybody got any ideas please?

2. DavitosanX profile image74
    DavitosanXposted 8 years ago

If you did a -manual- registry clean, you could've accidentally screwed your computer. Do some more research and take note of exactly what you modified, and if you can reinstate it as it was.

AVG is considered a decent anti virus, but even the best can't detect all viruses. In a worst case scenario, backup your data and format your disk.

3. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 8 years ago

Did you install any software recently? Some software goes into the Registry, and run on the background taking up your RAM, which can slow down your PC.  Defrag does not slow you down.  Maybe you should use Ad-aware, which you can download the free version to do a complete scan of your laptop.  Some malware AVG cannot detect, which Ad-aware can.  The other thing may be the cookies acquired while you use the Internet browser, depending on which browser you use - if you do not need the browsing history and cookies, please delete them from whatever browser(s) you are using. 

There are other software tools you can use where the Registry is concerned, but unless you are reasonably skilled with the Windows OS, not advisable, as you can mess up your PC. Good Luck!

4. profile image47
    registryreviewsposted 8 years ago

Always read reviews before using any registry cleaner
    http://top4registrycleanerreviews.com/

working