jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I followed the directions for setting up a linksys router and it still don't hav

1. profile image46
    cbossemeposted 7 years ago

I followed the directions for setting up a linksys router and it still don't have wireless........

I have wired but not wireless....  ???

2. Evvi profile image55
    Evviposted 7 years ago

You might need a modem depending on the connection you have

3. profile image44
    theone321posted 7 years ago

You without a doubt need to have a ISP / Internet Service Provider. AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, etc. Go into more detail. If you have a ISP already do you a connection to your main computer?

4. profile image0
    Adam Rposted 7 years ago

Make sure the cable coming from the cable/dsl modem is plugged into the WAN port on the router. Everything else gets plugged into the remaining ports. If your cable modem is not in the proper port you may be creating a loop back. Now if you have wired internet working try going to the config page of the router and double check your settings for wireless setup. Make sure you have assigned an SSID so you know which router to connect to. Your connecting device will need to have wireless capabilities such as built in wireless card, USB wifi etc...

5. profile image46
    cbossemeposted 7 years ago

Hi Adam, 
    The router is wired correctly and I have powered it down in the sequences suggested.... there is something else i am missing..... I have done it before but had chat support from cisco.    I am hoping  i can get a knowledgeable person to help me figure out what i am missing......

6. curly-live profile image78
    curly-liveposted 7 years ago

Could you confirm that you can get online through your Linksys router via wired connection? If you do, then this means that the router configured correctly. The wireless setting is a different portion of the router that may need to configured or at least verify what are the setting set there so we can get the wireless computer with the same settings as the wireless router.

Sorry if I was not able to get back on you about this earlier.