jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

I was wanting to set up my own website but there were so many different website

1. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

I was wanting to set up my own website but there were so many different website providers i was...

wondering if anyone could recommend a good one and tell me their experiences with it please?

2. Darrke Thoughts profile image60
    Darrke Thoughtsposted 7 years ago

I've used godaddy and have been happy with their service for several years.  I think a lot of them are about the same in what they offer.  I'd take a look at the prices vs. service in their packages and tend to go for the best deal.

You may also want to look at any documentation or discussion forums they may have open to the public, that will give you some insight into how good their tech support is.

I'm not saying godaddy is the best, but in about 6-7 years they have never given me a reason to want to go elsewhere.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Does your IPS not provide free website facilities, I'm with, globalnet, well, it's madasafish now, I have something like 1g free space.

4. profile image0
    frantiicposted 7 years ago

I currently use Linode, but it's not for beginners. You have to be very familiar with Linux in order to fully utilize Linode.

For starts, I would suggest one of the two:
    Low Budget/Traffic: HostGator
    High Budget/Traffic: MediaTemple

I have used MediaTemple in the past, and I am friends with some of the staff. Linode has the fastest customer service around, but again, unless you're very familiar with Linux, it's not for you. And HostGator. It's just one of the most popular budget hosts with a decent reputation.

If you're starting a WordPress blog, I have a hub you may be interested in (Backup WordPress Using Dropbox).

Also, I highly suggest away from GoDaddy. They are a domain registrar, and domains are their forte, not hosting. You will read a thousand negative reviews of GoDaddy hosting for every good one. It's always best to seperate your domain registrar and your hosting provider anyway.

5. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 7 years ago

I use SBI service for my websites. They are very helpful in building a successful online business, even for a newbie.  Everything is included in their package.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I use http://HomePageUniverse.com

They provide name services, name parking, name forwarding and cloaking and mail forwarding.  A mail box costs extra.  15 gig of server space is about $49U.S. per year. and they say it has unlimited traffic.  I expect there is some fine print if you suddenly get thousands of visitors a day but they say it is unlimited traffic.

I've been using them for years and am very happy with the service and cost.

You can view my personal site hosted there at http://ButchNews.com

7. The Farmers Wife profile image60
    The Farmers Wifeposted 7 years ago

I use one.com

Easy to use, reasonably priced, great live support, huge choice of templates or the option to build your own.

Have a look: www.one.com

Good luck :-)

8. profile image45
    Darren Kempposted 7 years ago

Hi

If you are in the UK you can go here:

http://www.gbbo.co.uk/?utm_source=googl … rm=g.b.b.o

its a government incentive to get UK business on-line, its free totally...
    this means domain name is free for 2 years as is hosting....and VERY easy to use web building system....
    Although it states businesses, its open to interpretation...

All the best
    Darren

working