jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why my laptop is shutting down often automatically?

1. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

Why my laptop is shutting down often automatically?

It is happening only in last few days. I'm not quite sure about the reason. But it happens only when I charge it on.

2. profile image52
    Jimmy Benjaminposted 7 years ago

Erm.. virus? Do your computer load the bios? Or is it shut down after loading windows/ Linux?

3. Vishaaa profile image78
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

There ain't any problem while loading the OS(windows 7). But when I start working on something this happens.Nothing particularly like playing games and all. It just shuts down every 5-10min.

4. Fix Computers profile image61
    Fix Computersposted 6 years ago

Does your laptop get hot underneath, if so your fan might be blocked with dust and automatically shuts down when it gets to hot.

5. profile image48
    nicolejooposted 6 years ago

I think that may be your hardware  cause problem or os may be loading problem

6. RedmanBrendan profile image61
    RedmanBrendanposted 6 years ago

I've seen a few viruses do similar things before, but there are several things it could be. The first thing I would do is boot into safe mode, just spam the F8 key while it's booting up and eventually you'll get a menu giving you some boot options, just hit safe mode. Play around for a bit and see if it reboots.

If it doesn't, it's a software issue, I would go to http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/ and post your hijackthis log here, or PM me or something (idk if there is a PM system on here to be honest)

If it still reboots then it is probably hardware, but there is still a possibility of a boot sector virus executing shutdown -t shellcode with a random number of minutes.

If it's a hardware issue there are a lot of possible culprits, if you have a rail going out on the power supply, you could be getting intermittent power. There are a lot of things it could be but those are the most likely.

Oh and if it's getting hot, overheating is an issue. If it was an apple I'd say the firmware on the fan was corrupted.

7. ishadi profile image61
    ishadiposted 6 years ago

The biggest possibility is that your computer is infected with a virus. Try to update antivirus or install a better anti-virus, such as avira (free), then update. continue with the scan hardrive.

avira (free)

http://www.avira.com/en/free-download-a … r-personal
    Baca secara fonetik