How to get rid of spammers who sell their products via e-mail?

1. Vishaaa profile image80
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

How to get rid of spammers who sell their products via e-mail?

I'm really irritated about the spammers who send all sorts of advertisements and promotions via-mail and asking me to buy things. I'm just wondering how these spammers get my e-mail address?

How can I get rid of this?

2. oldhorse profile image67
    oldhorseposted 7 years ago

Spam started because email was free to send.  I have heard a theory that if it cost even a small amount to send an email, Spam would go away.  However, now most spam is sent by bot nets that use other peoples' computers and network connections.  So, I am not sure even charging for email would work.  Extinction of the human race, maybe?  Otherwise, I think spam is here to stay.

3. rohanpawale profile image52
    rohanpawaleposted 7 years ago

stop dropping ur "live" emails on ay web platform that is open to public .

1) always change NAME@gmail.com to NAME [at the rate] gmail [dot] com  - bots are programmed to siphon the text that surrounds the "@" symbol so you are safe in this case .

2)Regularly clear ur browser cache , coz cache sniffing can tell ppl what sites you visit and based on that they SELL out your email id to internet marketers . Yes its a business ! people sell and people buy emails that say are categorized in neat folders "madical" "age 18- 25" OR "Cosmetics" and then they are sold to any internet marketer who uses them in a mass email software to spam us wink

working