Regarding Google's recent algorithm change...

1. thooghun profile image83
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Regarding Google's recent algorithm change...

Since Google's PANDA update, will you purse the same backlinking strategy as before? Or will you adapt? What changes do you plan on employing?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5286656_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I don't think backlinking all over the place is as valuable anymore.  Personally, I'm very happy about that - it seemed like people were using all sorts of sketchy strategies to build huge numbers of backlinks to get ahead. . . .and that that was more valuable than actually creating a good article.

I'm all for creating interesting content - I hate the idea that someone can just spend all day long back linking crappy content and be ranked higher in searches than me for that.

3. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

I never really spent too much time backlinking through those terrible directories.  I spent more time creating original content, and I'll continue to do so.  For those who spent all that time backlinking through directories must regret the endless amount of time they have spent or amount of money, depending whether they did it manually or paid for a software to enter it for them. 

Unfortunately there's no way in which Google should be allowed to punish those directory backlinkers except for just not counting those links.  Because, if they did actually penalize people for bad backlinking practices, I'm about to go submit my competitors' websites to every terrible Directory there is, it'd help out my company for sure.

working