jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think time travel will be possible in your life time?

1. daskittlez69 profile image76
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

Do you think time travel will be possible in your life time?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5439504_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Every time I've flown from California to Texas. . . . .I went back in time two hours. . . .It's amazing, really, how all that works.

~smirk~

3. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

I answered this question next week.....
    Seriously, I don't think so, I think time will always be a constant.

4. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 6 years ago

Einstein tells us that time isn't a constant - that time dilates as the speed of light is approached. Mind you - he also said that the speed of light is a constant - but theorists are now saying that light must have been able travel at faster than its current velocity in the early Universe.

One day time travel might well be possible - but it will take a completely new model of physics to achieve it.

Consider the nature of quantum particles which never exist in only one place: ie they aren't particles but waves, they're sort of 'smeared out' all over the place. Some theorists will even tell you that a particle has 'presence' everywhere and - remarkably - everywhen. In other words we all exist in the past, present and future.

If you want to read a theory of space and time that allows for time travel - among other things - then try this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Quantum-Reality … Everything

5. vinner profile image76
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

It will take time. So far as our knowledge no one has ever advanced in this technology. But one year before the invention of airplane it was said by many famous scientists that it is not possible to fly. similarly you can never rule out the possibility

6. rembrandz profile image86
    rembrandzposted 6 years ago

I wish it's possible. The movie Time Machine sure was incredible! I agree with Wesman Todd Shaw.....when we go back or forth in time flying to other regions.
    It's amazing whenever I travel from South-East Asia to USA, I land the same day ...because USA is at least 10-12 hours behind the Eastern Countries.

7. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

i recently read an article about this ... don't have the link .. but they proved that time travel is not possible...

8. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 3 years ago

Hi Friend,

There is only one time and that is now.  Trying to travel "back" in the past of into the "future" is not possible.  Why?

Take a picture with a camera, it is an exact moment.  There can be no subtraction or no addition. 

In other words to go back in absolute time, you would have to spin the universe backward, and even if you were able to do that, that fact that you have the knowledge that the universe was spun back words would mean that you still did not go back in absolute time. 

To get to this exact point in "time" or "now" (and the planet is our space ship), everything leading up to this point mush be exact down to the sequence of thoughts that each person has had in their mind.  Take yourself for example, you have had a specific sequence of thoughts, that has led to a specific sequences of actions, that has led you to reading what I am writing now.  If you did not think to ask the question and I did not choose to respond there would be a different series of events.

My time is no 9:25pm on my computer.  This is exact relative to all existence. If someone tries to go back in time what they would do is create a delusion for themselves.

Absolute time has many ingredients that lay outside the ability of human beings to control.  There is the physical, the mental, the astral planes, the spiritual (and each soul is unique and special), ethereal realms etc. 

I hope this helps.  If you think I have missed something please let me know. 

Best wishes,

DR

working