jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will android 4.0(icecream sandwich) rule out I OS?

1. vinner profile image76
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

Will android 4.0(icecream sandwich) rule out I OS?

2. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

I personally like Android better than iOS.

3. eric2112 profile image83
    eric2112posted 6 years ago

I believe that there will always be a place for each of the platforms. iOS is a great platform that does exactly what it is suppose to do out of the box. It's great for first time smartphone users or people that really aren't that technically savvy.

Android on the other hand is extremely robust and offers a world of customization to meet every individuals needs and wants. The user interface is very similar to iOS but has mor functionality in my honest opinion.

There are currently two current versions of Android that are mainstream: Gingerbread and Honeycomb. Gingerbread is primarily designed for smartphones and Honeycomb, primarily for tablets. Since Honeycomb lacks some functionality to run certain apps designed for Gingerbread, Icecream Sandwich is the next logical step. Icecream Sandwich will be a 'cohesive whole' to bridge the gap between smartphone and tablet.

iOS has similar issues as Android when moving between the iPhone and the iPad. Certain applications are designed to work with one or the other device. It is my hope that Apple will also find a way to bridge this gap in functionality.

Steve Jobs: Rest in Peace. You will be missed.  October 2011

4. vinner profile image76
    vinnerposted 5 years ago

There are many people who like Android than iPhone. I agree that in the reverse also there are many people. But I am in the first category. ice cream sandwich offers many additional features like fact detection and unlocking phone using that. NFC payment methods etc, which are not present in iPhone so far.