jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What software is best for video editing?

1. retellect profile image72
    retellectposted 6 years ago

What software is best for video editing?

2. WendyYorker profile image59
    WendyYorkerposted 6 years ago

Hi I know a lot of people like using Adobe.  My best friend uses Pro CS5.5 and she loves it, easy to learn the program.  I personally don't edit actual video. :-)

3. chamaltatis profile image60
    chamaltatisposted 6 years ago

Yeah, for me, it is also Adobe Premiere Pro. It is just my personal answer though. However, I also know a lot of talented editors who uses Sony Vegas and Final Cut Pro.

4. mglamorgan profile image70
    mglamorganposted 6 years ago

Hi retellect. Softwares always depend on what you want them for. A software that is good for me might not the the best for you. They also depend on the computer you have.
    If you just want to cut and mix bits and pieces from the holidays and stuff I would say Windows Movie Maker (PC) or iMovie (Mac) are more than enough. If you want to be more serious about it and don't mind spending some money and time then you can look into good stuff like the suggested Adobe Premiere Pro (PC and Mac) or even go for the top stuff like Final Cut Pro (Mac) or AVID (I think Mac only as well)
    What I can say is that the professionals in general use AVID. Personally I like Final Cut Pro or if not available then Adobe Premiere.
    I hope this helps. Cheers.

5. emichael profile image77
    emichaelposted 6 years ago

I know a lot of people knock it, but I really enjoy the new Final Cut Pro X. If you want something with more professional capabilities, Final Cut is a great program. And their new X version has made it much more user friendly.

6. sfvideoproduction profile image60
    sfvideoproductionposted 6 years ago

Final Cut....Once you go Mac you never go Back!!

working