Does anyone have a good system for converting paper photos to digital and archiv

1. Donna Huebsch profile image91
    Donna Huebschposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have a good system for converting paper photos to digital and archiving them?

I have mounds of paper photos that I would like to convert to digital.  I have a scanner and software, but I need a system for doing it, i.e., what resolution and size should the stored photos be?  How should I store them once they're digitized?  How can they be organized for easy retrieval?

2. AlexK2009 profile image92
    AlexK2009posted 6 years ago

I would recommend scanning at the maximum possible resolution and near to the size of the originals. Store them as lossless jpg or another lossless format in case you want to change them.

There are a number of organisational systems.  Why not try arranging them chronologically and titling them and keywording them by themes. You might also want to put dates into the title. 

If you want easy retrieval you need a filing system based on a  restricted vocabulary. To  some extent you have to make your own (Family, friends, holidays, motorbikes..... whatever) and then have the discipline to use it.

working