Why can't I install new widgets in my Wordpress blog?

1. Randy M. profile image86
    Randy M.posted 6 years ago

Why can't I install new widgets in my Wordpress blog?

I have installed the widgets using the Appearance>Widgets on my blog, but they don't appear on the page.  I installed the recent update of Wordpress and updated all of my plugins and still the widgets don't appear.  I have had the blog for about 2 years and haven't had this problem before and can't find any suggestions for resolving the problem on the web.  I am trying to install a subscriber widget on www.qigonghealingarts.org on the upper right column above the Amazon book ad for the Dragon and Tiger book.

2. LoneWolfMuskoka profile image75
    LoneWolfMuskokaposted 6 years ago

Have you tried putting any other widgets in there, like a Text Widget, just to test it?

What plugin provides the subscriber widget? I looked at the source code to see if there is anything in the sidebar above the Amazon ad and I don't see anything there. That tells me that WordPress isn't trying to put out the code and failing.

Make sure you're adding the widget into the proper sidebar. If you see the widget for the Amazon ad then you're probably in the right place, but there could be more than 1 sidebar that is being shown based on the page/post style. Check all of the widget areas to see if there is another one that is being used. I doubt this would be a problem but it doesn't hurt to check.

It's entirely possible that this may be caused by something completely different though. Maybe there are plugin conflicts or a problem with the database.

1. Randy M. profile image86
      Randy M.posted 6 years agoin reply to this

The widget I was trying to put on the page is Subscribe/Connect/Follow.  That was the problem.  I tested the text and it worked.  I found another widget that did part of what I wanted to do.  Now I need to put an RSS button below the header ???? THX

Closed to reply

working