jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is with the SPAM on some of my HUBS?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image94
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

What is with the SPAM on some of my HUBS?

I actually got no notice of a comment on one of my Hubs, but accidentally looked and I had three SPAM Comments. One was in German, One was from an obvious Kid, and the third was three randomly copied paragraphs. Isthis happening to anyone else?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

I've started getting a weird spam on the comments on one of my hubs.  It's happened twice and I've reported it.  Someone is obviously playing games, hacking the site or something.

3. Gottabegod profile image61
    Gottabegodposted 5 years ago

I haven't had anything like this yet, but I am new, so it may just be a matter of time.

4. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

Quite a few of us are having this problem. There's a forum post about it here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/98876

5. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

If you look at the forum you will see at least 4 or 5 threads about it. It seems to be happening to almost everyone. If everyone would set their comments for those with a Hub account that would kill it off quickly. Thankfully, the spam filter is catching them all.

6. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 5 years ago

Yep, I've gotten ... four or five SPAM comments in the last few days on one hub about making fresh herbal teas. Two of the messages were about Ray Ban sunglasses. The others were in German. Not sure why this has started!

7. profile image0
    chrisinhawaiiposted 5 years ago

Nothing on mine, so far...

Oh shoot, did I just jinx myself?  Haha, bring it, Tea Lady!

working