jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best source to find what's currently being searched for online?

1. Steve Orion profile image76
    Steve Orionposted 5 years ago

What is the best source to find what's currently being searched for online?

Specifically something that could help you find popular topics/hits for the purpose of expanding material that is in demand.

2. Daisy Mariposa profile image88
    Daisy Mariposaposted 5 years ago

I use the Google AdWords Keyword Tool to find subjects for my Hubs that have had many requests but also do not have much competition.

3. forlanda profile image77
    forlandaposted 5 years ago

Use google trends:  http://www.google.com/trends/

It gives you an idea of what's trending now.  If you have a topic you want to check, it can show you how it trends over time.  You can even compare two topics side by side and see which one is more popular in terms of search and news volume.

4. SteveWaugh1965 profile image59
    SteveWaugh1965posted 5 years ago

both good answers below ... another method I also use in addition to these, is using the Google TypeAhead feature - ie. type in a keyword that I'm interested in and then see what keyword phrases google suggests.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

This is a great question - I can't add much to what is being said, but I'm learning here.  I've seen lists of hot topics on Yahoo's feed, though - that might offer ideas.  Most of the trending topics (compared to those that have ongoing traffic increases) seem to be news-related and tied to popular entertainers (someone getting a divorce or a new hairdo) or maybe major news events. I'm not sure of the lifespan hubs about those topics would yield.

6. chrissieklinger profile image91
    chrissieklingerposted 5 years ago

Yahoo and Google both offer that information and I use Yahoo's top ten trending list and write news articles that see lots of traffic when I match up with Yahoo!

7. treven65 profile image59
    treven65posted 5 years ago

Most of the Search Engines offer the Key words on demand tables/ranking.I do agree Google and Yahoo are the biggest,however there are some more small but not bad quality engines where cheap traffic and nuggets could be found.

8. afriqnet profile image49
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

I know about the trends people are searching for by the Google Keyword Tool. I also use the Google Trends. The section of the Google Keyword tool called the insight for search is very helpful when searching for trends. Hope that works

working