jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best anti-spyware program?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image91
    Les Trois Chenesposted 5 years ago

What is the best anti-spyware program?

As my anti-virus program doesn't stop spyware, what is the best program to add to protect against this problem, and can I add it myself (I know nothing!)?

2. jessefutch profile image56
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

Spybot Search & Destroy and Glary Utilities (free version) are great additions to any computer. Simple point and click programs, both find and destroy spyware. An added bonus of Glary Utilities is that it finds registry errors and unnecessary memory usage throughout the computer and repairs both. Spybot is second to none for finding spyware and adware. It updates regularly and is totally free.

3. TeachComputers profile image61
    TeachComputersposted 5 years ago

As jessefutch said, Spybot is one of the best! I just made a hub about installing and running the software yesterday! if you need a guide.. smile For rel-time protection that always runs in the background, simply install the tea-timer option. Check out my channel if you want to see the hub smile

4. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 5 years ago

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is said to be one of the best. It's used by the pros even.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

Microsoft Security Essentials is what I have....it's free and works perfectly....my son had told me that he uses it, so I switched from McAfee to Security Essentials and now I don't need to worry about it because it works.