jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

What do you think about having a free Weebly website / blog?

1. Ceres Schwarz profile image29
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

What do you think about having a free Weebly website / blog?

Is this a good idea? What can you say about Weebly especially in terms of its ease of use, income, and traffic? Would you recommend the free version of Weebly? If not, what would you recommend that's also free?

2. wqaindia profile image80
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

How can one earn without investment. No pains no gains.

Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good point but I think for beginners, like me, it might be best to go with something free first to learn more about how things work, how best to do things, etc. Once you know more about this, it may be time to consider investing some money into this.

3. cloverleaffarm profile image64
    cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago

Free sites look cheap, and tell your customer (or reader) that you don't care enough about your business to invest in a good site. If you don't invest in you, how can you expect others to. If I come across a free site, I don't take is seriously, and I leave.

I meant something like HubPages, Blogger, etc, which are also free sites. I'm still new to all this so I wanted to learn more before spending money so if I do decide to pay for a site, I would be more knowledgeable about these things.

4. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Based on experience.  If its free its full of spammer smile People create and dont maintain it.

Okay. Maybe some sites are like that but I've been hearing lots of good things about sites like Blogger, WordPress, Weebly, etc and they seem like good sites. Just can't decide which would be better aside from HubPages, which is also free.

2. DDS profile image84
      DDSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Unless I'm missing something your answer doesn't make much sense, since one weebly page isn't really associated with any other as it might be on something like hubpages.  I would also suggest more tire kickers than spammers.

5. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years ago

Hi there.  I have never used weebly which I believe provides free websites?  There are a number of free website providers.  For myself, I have a blog on Blogger which is free and I use that to advertise my posts on Hubpages.  Blogs are good because they are interactive and your readers can post comments etc...  Most of the traffic I receive to my posts on Hubpages come directly from my blog.  I think it is good to have either a website or blog as another means to advertise your hubpages.  Good luck.

Thanks. I'm new to this. I thought having a blog or site sounds like a good idea too. So would you suggest Blogger for a beginner? Is it easy to use? You can earn from this too, right?

2. profile image0
      Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I do absolutely think having a blog or website is a great way to maintain an online presence and use it to advertise your hubpages.  They are easy, free and it is your own site or blog.  You only earn on blogs and sites by adsense and advertising.

3. Ceres Schwarz profile image29

Okay thanks. I am still trying to decide which kind of site or blog to go with and I'm looking at the free ones like Blogger, Weebly, etc.

4. profile image0
      Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ceres I use blogger, but anything you feel comfortable with will do.  You can check out my blog and see if you like the look and feel.  You can always sign up with any of these and try it out.

6. DDS profile image84
    DDSposted 4 years ago

I use weebly and quite like them.  Mind you I did finally go the paid route...but the free site is not too bad at all.  Being on the weebly subdomain IMHO is not the end of the world if your content is great people wont care so much...

Thanks. I'm looking at the free options for now because I'm still new to all this. So, is the free Weebly site easy to use? Can you still earn from it even if it's free? What about getting traffic to it? Also, is it better than Blogger?

working