What is a good program for the Mac for finding duplicate files using bit-by-bit

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

What is a good program for the Mac for finding duplicate files using bit-by-bit comparison?

Also, what is a good program for Windows that works the same way (by comparing the actual content of the file, not just the file names and/or dates and times)?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8296543_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

That is a very interesting question Laura. I seem to ponder if on you system - PC or Lap top for personal system files. A term with vendors would be in-house files. Or, do you mean an online service free or otherwise that seeks duplicate content on the internet?

There are some good ones I have perused, yet not ventured for as yet. I ponder if HP's system for duplicate content or that of the Google Webmasters helps. A link is below how Google views duplicate content and possible actions. They offer a means of verifying authorship for articles too incorporating the Google+ account. Not sure if that offers protection from "Scraping" articles, yet it appears to offer your readership a means of verifying if it is your work, thus creating readership loyalty. If your image is no there with your ID then it is not you is what I grasp.

Addy support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66359?hl=en

This article offers help with content duplicate and explains a little how sometimes content is generic especially with descriptors. A few changes are suggested will increase a higher range in Google index by page and article placement.

Addy www.seerinteractive.com/blog/is-your-co … o-find-out

I can't remember if I can place a link or not

I do not know if I answered what you sought or not. For in-house I have only discovered file search and categorizing programs for a nominal fee. Nothing as yet that will search in-house duplicate document content.

tim

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks tim, you are a wealth of information! I was thinking of the problem of duplicate files on my own in-house hard drives, but your other information is much more interesting and a good excuse for procrastinating on cleaning up my drives :-).

working